Amsterdam taxis - help me choose

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
British Isles/Western Europe
Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:41 AM.
So Cal
94 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
I'm so confused!!

Will be arriving from LAX at Schiphol in a week and need a taxi to Hotel Pulitzer. I do not want to take the bus or train.

I have read the cost is about 40 Euros. Taxi2airport quoted 32 Euros but I have to meet them at the Sheraton. For you seasoned travelers out there can I just select a taxi from the queue? I'm not worried about a few Euros after 14 hours of flying.

Thanks!!
The Netherlands, wintermonths in Puerto vallarta, Mexico
6,640 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Indeed expect to pay around E. 40,- if you pick a cab at the airport. Be aware that in season you might have to queue.
The Sheraton is next to the airport, but easy to reach through a corridor going to the parkinggarage.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Last cruises: Koningsdam 27 August 2017 - Norway
Celebrity Millenium Asia, December 2016
RCCL Vision of the seas Med, october 15 2016.
Various cruises on HAL, Celebrity and Orient Lines (doesnot exist anymore)
1st cruise 1983 HAL "Volendam"[/b][/font]
1963 DH sailed Chandris Lines (Bretagne) from Australia to Europe.
Various trips by car through Europe, the USA and Mexico.
Frequent long winter stay in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Cork, Ireland
1,228 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
The taxi queue at Schiphol moves very quickly and the quality of the cars is top class. When I visit Amsterdam and only have a short journey to one of the business parks just alongside Schiphol, I get a pre booked taxi which collects me from the Sheraton hotel. Easy to find.
The Pulizter Hotel is a great pick! Love it! Especially the ramble to breakfast.