Spencer or Cosol Tours

JerseyGirlatHeart

Help me decide. Both have similar itineraries.

Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did Cosol twice and found them to be excellent both times! Good, well rounded tour for the money. Saw the major sites and did some good snorkeling too. Free beer and sodas all day plus a stop for lunch to sample local foods was included. Do it!!

Sent from my LG-M210 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for any advice.

Major difference between the two:

Cosol is a land trip both ways to/from Soufriere while Spencer is a boat trip both ways to Soufriere.

The sights in Soufriere are the same whomever you go with... It's a question of land trip both ways, which has great sights along the way but is a winding mountainous drive or sea trip each way which is a high speed boat trip - again, stunning scenery, but same both ways. (No bathroom on the boat, and minimal shade, and fast, be prepared for rough ride!).

Both are excellent, both include all entrance fees beach time (more time wirh Spencer due to shorter transfer time), food and drinks along the way, etc.

Maybe consider a land/sea combo - down by land, return by sea such as Herod's or Serenity or such.

Major difference between the two:

Cosol is a land trip both ways to/from Soufriere while Spencer is a boat trip both ways to Soufriere.

The sights in Soufriere are the same whomever you go with... It's a question of land trip both ways, which has great sights along the way but is a winding mountainous drive or sea trip each way which is a high speed boat trip - again, stunning scenery, but same both ways. (No bathroom on the boat, and minimal shade, and fast, be prepared for rough ride!).

Both are excellent, both include all entrance fees beach time (more time wirh Spencer due to shorter transfer time), food and drinks along the way, etc.

Maybe consider a land/sea combo - down by land, return by sea such as Herod's or Serenity or such.

Actually with Spencer we did a private van out-bound, lunch at the beach, and boat trip back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually with Spencer we did a private van out-bound, lunch at the beach, and boat trip back.

How long ago was your tour with Spencer, as he stopped doing the land/sea combo a while back, and does it by sea both ways now. Of course, booking a private tour, he'll set up whatever way you want...

Thanks for any advice.

PS: if you're comparing Spencer's West Coast Island Delight vs Cosol's main tour, there's very little difference at all, BTW. Flip a coin. They're both excellent.

Probably should have asked which Spencer tour you were comparing with Cosol...

Yup, there you go. He changed his tour since then, and it's no longer van down, boat back. It's boat both ways.

Good to know, thanks!

Regardless, Spencer and his family are great people and you will be well cared for if you find an itinerary that suits you.

Enjoy St Lucia, it is one of my favorite islands.

Happy New Year

• 3 weeks later...

We went with spencer on his boat to the mud baths and waterfall. We had a brilliant day, if I was going to be negative at all, we could have done with it being a little shorter. We didn't get much time in the port when we got back, half an hour less on the beach would have been fine. But a fab tour!

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Spencer last week and although we didn't love some aspects of the tour, it was vastly preferable to go by boat than van. We heard from others on our ship that spent an hour and a half each way in the back of a van to get to and from Soufrière. No thank you. The boat ride took about 45 minutes and was beautiful and scenic both ways.

• 1 month later...
We went with Spencer last week and although we didn't love some aspects of the tour, it was vastly preferable to go by boat than van. We heard from others on our ship that spent an hour and a half each way in the back of a van to get to and from Soufrière. No thank you. The boat ride took about 45 minutes and was beautiful and scenic both ways.

I've read some posts on this website that this was a speed boat ride going and coming back. If you get seasick easily, would this be a problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for any advice.

We just got back- did the Cosol tour, it was awesome! Our driver really went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time! I can’t speak about the other tour, but I can’t imagine not getting to drive through the fishing villages and seeing the open markets and how different the homes are in these areas. Also, amazing views of the rainforest and tasting the local foods and bananas fresh off the trees was amazing!

We just got back- did the Cosol tour, it was awesome! Our driver really went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time! I can’t speak about the other tour, but I can’t imagine not getting to drive through the fishing villages and seeing the open markets and how different the homes are in these areas. Also, amazing views of the rainforest and tasting the local foods and bananas fresh off the trees was amazing!

Thanks Staci,

There are some other good tours, a little cheaper, than Cosol . . . but it certainly seems Cosol offers the most and is the best experience from the driving tours so I am sticking with them for my May cruise. I too don't mind driving through villages and from my understanding you still take a boat to Sugar Beach so it is not like that experience is missing.

Glad you had a good time :)

Did Spencer tour in early March....The tours were great, but we had a boat problem and the crew didn't handle it very well at all. I'm not here to bash Spencer, like I said, we enjoyed the tour, but after the mishap he said he would be in contact with everyone involved and haven't heard a word from him.......I'll go with Cosol next time.