Symphony reviews?

liddia

A quick review for you:

1. Those familiar with Oasis class will not find much different, except it is obviously by its nature, newer and sparklier

2. The addition of Hooked, El Loco Fresh and Playmakers alone, makes it the best ship in the world for facilities

3. Any and all alterations and design differences are, again, as it is brand new, better than what has gone before

4. All criticism of Royal Caribbean are moot, because they will obviously still hold for any ship, i.e Voom isn't very good, the drinks are too expensive etc.

5. Something often overlooked with new ships is they grab experienced staff from other ships, this means for the first contract at least, a new ship is invariably better run with great staff than most

Overall, if you think Oasis class is the best ship at sea, this is the best of the best - if you don't like big ships you will enjoy yourself on this ship unless you pay a lot of money to moan, which as many of us are aware, is exactly the profile of some cruise passengers

Inaugural cruise Barcelona 7th April to 12th April.

Itinerary Barcelona - Palma - Marseilles- La Spezia - Civitacheccia - Naples - Barcelona.

We were extremely impressed. The quality and choice of food in the main dining room was truly excellent. Service is prompt, friendly and professional.

The ship never feels crowded. Even the Windjammer buffer restaurant was satisfactory for seating and comfort.

As for entertainment, awesome! The ice show and Aqua nation are thrilling. I did not see Hector the magician but reports are good. An acapella group,Mo5aic, were not well received. Dull noise.

The comedians have been really good.

The Park cafe is perfectly acceptable for a light salad. We did not go to any specialty restaurants. The drinks are expensive, with 18% service charge plus Spanish vat as we departed Barcelona and arrived Barcelona.

The Abyss slide from 15th to 7th floor is terrific fun. Unmissable.

The Hairspray production was outstanding, in a beautiful theatre.

The balcony cabin was excellent, contemporary, functional, excellent tv, super bathroom. Comfortable spacious bed.

Please be aware that the ship never feels crowded. RCI have excelled in space planning, people movement, thoroughfares and seating / lounging. The ship is awesome. There were zero crowds for on and off the ship at any time. The food was always fresh, hot and extreme high quality.

Central Park with its several thousand plants is fabulous. Please take the time to do the tour with the ahead of Horticulture for a very interesting overview of the flora on board - fascinating.

This ship is amazing, staggering, and as Cunard fans, I have to congratulate RCI on pulling off a staggering feat of engineering, organisation and service.

In conclusion, the experience has far exceeded expectations and far superior to Independence Of The Seas which was our previous RCI cruise. Highly recommended.

Thanks MIKEWUK!

I’m happy to know the ship doesn’t feel crowded!

Did you eat at...is it Solarium Bistro??

Also, is Flight being performed yet? I was really looking forward to it but I have a feeling it’s not ready yet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mikewuk, what was the name of the ice show? On my planner I am able to make reservations for Flight and 1977 but nothing for iSKATE. Was that show available?

When is your cruise?

And 1977 is the ice skating show

Thanks MIKEWUK!

I’m happy to know the ship doesn’t feel crowded!

Did you eat at...is it Solarium Bistro??

Also, is Flight being performed yet? I was really looking forward to it but I have a feeling it’s not ready yet

Hi Liddia,

The Solarium concept is extremely effective. It is very spacious and light and airy on different levels, an abundance of loungers, seating and tables for al fresco dining, bars, drinks service etc. Basically it is similar to being on a private beach in the Med. It is restricted to over 18 years old passengers. The Solarium restaurant lunch food is brilliant, paella, pasta with different sauces, carved meats and hot dishes and a terrific range of cold meats salads and vegetables, all fresh and beautifully presented.

I was confused on the over 18 policy in the solarium as families were bringing in young children to the restaurant.

You may be interested to know that breakfast in the main dining room is divided into waiter service and self service buffet, you simply choose where to sit for the relevant breakfast, port or starboard.

I did not see Flight but I did see people going into the venue, so I am sure you will get to see it.

You can look forward to this cruise with great confidence, it is an amazing ship which manages to give you space, comfort, entertainment, super choice of food, and superb service

I read that Flight doesn’t commence until May 20th, the day we disembark the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope that isn’t true. :( I was really looking forward to seeing it and missing it by one sailing would be a bummer!

I really hope that isn’t true. :( I was really looking forward to seeing it and missing it by one sailing would be a bummer!

Unfortunately that info is straight from RCI UK Executive Office after I queried why it didn’t appear on my planner. The escape room also doesn’t show and waiting to see if that’s going to be something else we cannot experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk