Carnival Splendor 5/11 Mexican Riviera
NCL Dawn 11/11 Eastern/ Southern Caribbean
Royal Princess 11/15 southern Caribbean
HAL Veendam 5/17 Bermuda

Coming up
NCL EPIC 12/18 Western Caribbean
Celebrity Edge 3/19 Western Caribbean
Coral Princess 8/19 Alaska

The best parties on the ship are always on deck 13.
Beverly, MA
411 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Port stops in Key West and New Orleans

More creative or original activities and games for adults during sea days

Electronic darts

Better selection of shipboard store merchandise

More variety for trivia formats
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Valerie

Future cruising:
NCL Dawn--Boston to Eastern Caribbean--October 26-November 9, 2018

Sailed:
NCL Dawn--Boston to Bermuda--September 1-8, 2017
Beverly, MA
411 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Low minimum Black Jack tables
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Valerie

Future cruising:
NCL Dawn--Boston to Eastern Caribbean--October 26-November 9, 2018

Sailed:
NCL Dawn--Boston to Bermuda--September 1-8, 2017
1,579 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by maggie cruises
Sit down afternoon tea

Sent from my iPad using Forums
I thought they did this? I seem to remember seeing it when we were on the Epic but we ended up doing something and missed it on our sea day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Wayne, IL USA
312 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
So many wonderful and creative suggestions. I really hope NCL reads these Boards. Free market research for them. I have only been on the Getaway, once, but have been on many other cruise lines. I really would like to see a broadening of itineraries, more adult daytime activities, ala carte Margaritaville, more logo-style, souvenir items in the shops instead of luxury items, and free room service,.
100 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Originally posted by KeithJenner
What age limit would you have? Our son is 12 and we certainly expect him to sit quietly when we eat (and he doesn’t let us down).

I did take him to Le Bistro last cruise, as my wife isn’t a fan. The staff seemed quite surprised to see someone his age there. They said they get very few kids there, and I don’t recall seeing many in the past. In fact, I wouldn’t say I recall seeing many kids in the speciality restaurants at all. More often than not there are none (or just one if we have taken our son).

I’m not particularly disagreeing with you, by the way, just not sure how much of an issue this is. Maybe it’s more a location thing (we tend to cruise in Europe mostly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd imagine adults only would imply 18+

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app
Arkansas
32,445 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by NLH Arizona
But wasn't it Mr. Sheehan who took the lobster away?
He started it and FDR totally took it away.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000,HAL 2001, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004, NCL 2005, Celebrity 2005.NCL 2006, Celebrity 2006, HAL 2006, NCL 2007.Princess, 2008. NCL 2008, RCI 2008,Princess 2009, NCL 2009. NCL 2010, NCL 2011, Princess 2011, NCL 2012, NCL 2013, NCL again 2013, Princess 2014, NCL 2014, again 2014, 2015; about 2 do another NCL.
Canada
1,721 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Originally posted by notalandlover
Bring back the chefs table
Small sample size I admit, but from what I saw this is one they messed up in the planning.

In the handful of cruises I was on where it was offered, it was always cancelled for lack of demand--but without fail, it was offered on port days...and not just port days, but days where ship left port at 7pm or 8pm.

Uptake would surely have been higher on a sea day or a 4pm leave.

Maybe it needs to be done on port days for provisioning, I'm not sure, but if so, do it on an early leave.
Greensburg, PA
104 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
1. Definitely agree with the smaller water bottles. The liter ones aren't conducive to carrying around with you on excursions.
2. We were pretty surprised at the lack of NCL logo stuff in the gift shops. I have no interest in buying overpriced jewelry on board, but I'd sure grab a t-shirt or hoodie (as evidenced by my drawer full of DCL stuff)
3. More enrichment lectures about the ports of call (hint - shopping tips are not enrichment lectures )
4. For new builds - a dedicated movie theater showing movies throughout the day (and maybe be the space for those enrichment lectures in between . )
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
NCL Gem - Eastern Canada and Quebec
NCL Jade - Greek Isles and Italy from Rome

Completed:
NCL Sun - 2017 - Alaska
Disney Magic - 2016 - Canadian Coastline
Disney Magic - 2015 - Iceland / Norway / Scotland
Disney Fantasy - 2013 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Wonder - 2012 - Alaska
Disney Wonder - 2009 - Bahamas
Carnival Festivale - 1985 - Eastern Caribbean and Bahamas
Canada
1,721 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Originally posted by pens fan
3. More enrichment lectures about the ports of call (hint - shopping tips are not enrichment lectures )
4. For new builds - a dedicated movie theater showing movies throughout the day (and maybe be the space for those enrichment lectures in between . )
+1.
136 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Originally posted by Pens fan
1. Definitely agree with the smaller water bottles. The liter ones aren't conducive to carrying around with you on excursions.

2. We were pretty surprised at the lack of NCL logo stuff in the gift shops. I have no interest in buying overpriced jewelry on board, but I'd sure grab a t-shirt or hoodie (as evidenced by my drawer full of DCL stuff)

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1,224 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
(I saw samller water bottles of Aquafina on Getaway last week)

You know what I'd like??? Tell me where I can buy the bedding used just like some Hotels offer... Get me that comforter, those pillows and even that cloud nine mattress/topper.