Handicap boarding (Carnival Dream in NOLA)

Sundiego

Hi folks, I am posting this for a relative. I have personally sailed out of New Orleans a few times but am not handicapped so I need help answering some questions!

So my sister-in-law has Parkinsons and is not able to walk long distances. She will need a wheelchair once inside the terminal and ESPECIALLY to get up the gangway on to the ship. Once onboard, she can pretty much make her way around without help.

I am assuming someone from the port authority will take her up to security and then once inside Carnival's check-in area she will have an assist from Carnival staff to wheel her to a holding area, and then eventually on to the ship. Is this correct?

They are trying to purchase FTTF but it is sold out currently. They will buy it if and when availability opens back up. But either way, she needs a wheelchair assist.

So, can somebody educate me on how handicap boarding works with Carnival in New Orleans? Thank you!!

~Denise

My experience in NOLA was that we arrived just after our 11:30am check in appt and zipped right though all of the lines and onto the ship. I packed/used my own wheelchair but there were some on standby for those who temporarily needed assistance. Exiting the ship did result in significantly longer lines waiting for assistance to get though everyone.

My experience in NOLA was that we arrived just after our 11:30am check in appt and zipped right though all of the lines and onto the ship. I packed/used my own wheelchair but there were some on standby for those who temporarily needed assistance. Exiting the ship did result in significantly longer lines waiting for assistance to get though everyone.

Thanks for this info.

~Denise

Hi Sundiego, my mom needs the use of a wheelchair just for embarking and disembarking. I order the service at the time I book the cruise and as Buckimion stated the exiting the ship does take longer and I make sure there is a wheelchair reserve for her a few days before we get back to the home port! Happy cruising y'all!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums