Taxi cost Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

molly361

MCO website says $115 for taxi plus tip

right now UBER is giving me X@$53 XL@$79 (MCO to port's terminal 1)

there are several shuttle options for less ... and some for more

Thanks. Looks like cotrans first shuttle is 8:15. Hoping to be on my way by 7:30

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

You have to do what's right for you but there's no way I would book a flight that early from a cruise out of PC and flying from MCO. Far too many things could go wrong to chance it. Ship could be late docking (been there), debarkation delays (been there too), accidents on the Beach Line to MCO, etc. I wish you good luck and a great cruise.

Thanks Flight out of MCO would be 10:30- 10:45 so the 8:15 shuttle would not do it I don't think

Unless you change your flight everything will be very tight. You cannot afford delays either by the cruise ship or shore services or transportation.

I would trust only two options and no-one else - ridesharing (Uber or Lyft) where you can track the driver on the app or 888-Taxi who has a manned station as you exit the terminal with cars waiting. Just make sure you are first in line!

For a 10:45 flight you need to be at MCO NLT about 9:15 (and earlier is better if you've ever experienced the chaos of the TSA lines at MCO :eek: ). That translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by about 7:30-8:00. Either pay a premium for a taxi or book a private transfer.

Better yet, book a flight leaving closer to noon - do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

I live about an hour from MCO and usually leave the house at 7:30 for that flight and I know anything could happen but I have always made it so I thought if I can get in a cab by 7:30 everything should (keyword there) be okay.

suggestion:

even if you are afeared of UBER

load the app on your phone or iPad. You can enter a trip and get a price (right now price) ....

you must conform b4 it 'books' ... just close the app if you don't want the ride .. aka were 'just checking'