What are the age ranges on aurora and arcadia?

sidekick180

Hols4

Why do people want a table for 2 unless you are a madly in love young couple,part of the holiday is to meet other people you can have a table for 2 at home

Because you don't want to talk to anyone at dinner, in many cases even your partner :eek:

Hols4

Why do people want a table for 2 unless you are a madly in love young couple,part of the holiday is to meet other people you can have a table for 2 at home

It is astonishing isn't it and crazy that every restaurant in the world hasn't twigged that customers want to share a communal table. Even crazier that the cruise lines who obviously know this is what customers want don't seat people at group tables in the pay restaurants.

Perhaps the next time you find yourself at an upmarket restaurant you should suggest they might want to seat you at a stranger's table (or alternatively restrict yourself to McDonalds where I believe they do this).

We enjoy sitting at a table with other guests too. We've met some lovely people and had some real laughs and fun. Something that probably happen sitting at a table for two.

A couple of times we've been allocated Freedom Dining but have changed to late sitting. After a day out and about we like to spend time getting ready and relax with a pre dinner drink.

We are in our late 0s so it's not younger people who eat earlier. Just been on holiday with Spanish friends who sit down to eat at 22.30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is astonishing isn't it and crazy that every restaurant in the world hasn't twigged that customers want to share a communal table. Even crazier that the cruise lines who obviously know this is what customers want don't seat people at group tables in the pay restaurants.

Perhaps the next time you find yourself at an upmarket restaurant you should suggest they might want to seat you at a stranger's table (or alternatively restrict yourself to McDonalds where I believe they do this).

:');)

In an upmarket restaurant you will have reserved your table maybe months in advance. If the restaurant is not already fully booked tough. This does not apply on a ship as they have to feed you and they have limited space in which to do so. If they only had tables for 2 the restaurant would have to be much larger. not the same as catering ashore at all

I know that you are being ‘tongue in cheek’, but it’s an interesting point.

In a restaurant ashore, not only would we walk out of a restaurant if they asked us to share a table, but I even dislike being seated at a table very close to other diners. My wife and I have quiet discussions that we don’t expect others to have to listen to and it irritates me when other diners talk at full volume and you spend your meal overhearing all of their conversations.

Yet, as soon as we set foot on a cruise ship we behave entirely differently. We always ask for a table for two for breakfast as I can’t be bothered to make conversation that early! At lunch we will usually have a table for two but if it’s a sea day and there’s not much on we will often share. At dinner, we always ask to share and, as others have said, we usually enjoy the company of some very interesting and often funny fellow travellers. We have picked up countless great tips about cruising and ports over the years, have enjoyed some really engaging conversations and stories and made some friends in the process.

As for the availability of tables for two, we haven’t been on Arcadia yet (very soon to be rectified) but there are absolutely loads of tables for two in Freedom Dining on Aurora. We have never had to wait for one and in fact when we have gone to dinner after 8.30pm we have said we are happy to share, yet we have been asked if we would like a table for two as the ‘customer flow is slow’.

Based upon our experience over a number of Cruises on Aurora, I would say that those requiring a table for two in Freedom Dining will have absolutely no problem and will only be asked to take a pager if they turn up before the very early birds have finished their meal.

Don't let this average put you off, for a start the Norway and Iceland cruise is a much longer one plus, if the average is 63 then that still means that approx half the passengers are younger than that so plenty still to give it a bit of a vibe.

I was on an Arcadia Baltic cruise where the average age was also 63 but the onboard atmosphere felt a lot older. I think it was because the physical age is not a good guide, more important is how they feel and behave, lots of 50 somethings that act like 70 somethings ;)

• 1 month later...

You are pretty much the same age as my wife and I, and we are about to go on Aurora for the 3rd and 5th time respectively.

The age group is pretty much 45-80, with plenty of lively 50 somethings to keep the bars buzzing.

We love Aurora, as she is just a beautiful ship to look at from afar, and well laid out inside, with just the right amount of space to never seem crowded. We have also found that on smaller ships you do get to know a lot of your fellow passengers, and definitely the bar and restaurant staff, and that is a good thing.

Never been on Arcadia so cant comment on her.