Where is the quiet bar?

Preston pal

Just been on a Brilliance of the Seas cruise to the Baltic.

Entertainers in bars were good but LOUD. Even in the "pub" whilst people were watching the World Cup there was a guitarist blasting away. The "Piano bar" had a female playing the piano but also with amplified singing.

On two evenings there was Pedro playing quiet guitar - ideal background noise.

There was no quiet lounge where one could have a conversation without shouting.

We are not keen on the large ships where there would probably be more choice. Can anyone tell me what ships in the mid-range and below have a quiet bar?

We don't mind listening to some entertainment - just would like the choice of music or quiet. Is it too much to ask?

I recall when we were on Celebrity, the Silhouette, the Ensemble Lounge had entertainment, not too loud at all and we were able to have a conversation. I would say the music was kind of mellow, that was a few years ago. Don't know if that type of music now has changed in the lounge. The price range is very similar, depending on your category, to the beautiful Brilliance of the Sea.

Just re read your post and I see you're looking for a smaller ship, sorry, Silhouette is a somewhat bigger than Brilliance. If your looking for a ship smaller than Brilliance then look for older ships on various cruise lines. They all can't have loud music like you were describing.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

What cruiseline/ship?

Why not get your drinks...and head to a "non-bar" area....the promenade deck, or a hidey-hole somewhere? We enjoy entertainment, but if we want to talk, we go elsewhere...it is what it is.

We enjoy peace and quiet too. We are usually on large ships, there we can find what we want often by checking out areas that are not in use, i.e., some bars during the day are not really open for business... you can still use, upper decks away from pool areas, our own balcony, the main deck are often quiet.

Just off Carnival Legend, NOISY!!!

We have found the Atrium and Alchemy bars to be the quietest, though the Atrium does get music at night. Depending on the crowd the Piano Bar can be either crazy or dead as a door nail. Very quiet when it's only you and the piano player.

We are not keen on the large ships where there would probably be more choice. Can anyone tell me what ships in the mid-range and below have a quiet bar?We don't mind listening to some entertainment - just would like the choice of music or quiet. Is it too much to ask?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The Adagio Bar on Crown/Emerald/Ruby Princess would be perfect for you. :)

LuLu

On Radiance class ships like the Brilliance, we've often found the Champagne Bar to be a nice quiet place to sit and chat.

Ditto That, have been on Radiance and Brilliance and have found the Champagne bar to be very quiet and peaceful at all hours. happy cruising