coffee card ?

smeck

I found a old coffee card which I hope to use on my upcoming cruise. I have many specialty coffee slots left but I prefer regular brewed coffee. Do you think I can get away using my old coffee card for regular coffee?

I was told my unused card can be used on a future cruise. I was told this by the staff at the pursers desk. We caught two coffee cards last May and we only used one of the cards. My husband is not big on specialty coffee so when I asked if I could return the unused card I was told I could keep it and use it on my next princess cruise or they would refund my money. We chose to keep the card and plan on using it on our cruise this coming May.

I was told my unused card can be used on a future cruise. I was told this by the staff at the pursers desk. We caught two coffee cards last May and we only used one of the cards. My husband is not big on specialty coffee so when I asked if I could return the unused card I was told I could keep it and use it on my next princess cruise or they would refund my money. We chose to keep the card and plan on using it on our cruise this coming May.

IF the card has no punches and IF there is no previous voyage info on the back of the card and IF it is not the style not being used on your future voyage then it should be fine for fresh-brewed coffee on a future cruise. However, if any of the previous criteria are met - card previously punched, card wrong style, or card has prior voyage info on the back - then it is only good for punched beverages. It will be good for all of the "snazzy" drinks and also good for fresh-brewed coffee but it will require a punch for any of them.

That's how it is "supposed" to work with Princess. You "may" find a barista that ignores the rules but don't count on it happening. Remember that the fresh-brewed coffee is supposed to be for the card holder only while the punches are free to share with anybody.

That first word should have been "probably". I (and several others) have had them refused on subsequent cruises.

What do you mean? Did you raise the issue? Policy is clear that partially used cards are good on future voyages - but a punch is required for all beverages. This is printed right on the cards.

What do you mean? Did you raise the issue? Policy is clear that partially used cards are good on future voyages - but a punch is required for all beverages. This is printed right on the cards.

I had a couple of old coffee cards - the all brown cards - and took them on a recent cruise on Emerald Princess. They were using the new cards on the ship. I had the beverage package from the Sip and Sail promo and also have it on our next cruise so I gave the cards to a dinner mate. She had no difficulty at all using the punches and was really happy to have the cards. They both still had almost all of the punches left and she used them all. (It was a fairly long cruise.)

If I had someone refuse to honor the punches on an old card I would take it directly to management immediately.

I had a couple of old coffee cards - the all brown cards - and took them on a recent cruise on Emerald Princess. They were using the new cards on the ship. I had the beverage package from the Sip and Sail promo and also have it on our next cruise so I gave the cards to a dinner mate. She had no difficulty at all using the punches and was really happy to have the cards. They both still had almost all of the punches left and she used them all. (It was a fairly long cruise.)

If I had someone refuse to honor the punches on an old card I would take it directly to management immediately.

(y)(y)(y)

Please forgive me ahead of time for not knowing this...but that's what all of you guys are for!

Never got a coffee card before. We will be on for 34-35 days and was wondering how many punches you get and if I can use them for that entire time, actually, it would be just my hubby. He only drinks brewed coffee and not the specialty ones. So, how would that work? I would switch the bar out for 2 cards then, could he use mine too. And how much is a single coffee card to buy if I did that instead?

Thanks for helping.

No, it was bought on board. Silly comment.

Sorry. I believed your other post.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54748256&postcount=25

Or, have you had problems with multiple cards?

If so, you must have really, really bad luck, as 99.99% of the other posters here

have re-used their punches from cruise to cruise.

My 2 cents on Coffee Card.

I purchased a coffee card on Star Princess. All my coffees were free on Star Princess and Specialty drinks were punched. Three months later I was on Ruby Princess. I still have 8 unused punch holes which can be used for any purchase of coffee and/or specialty drinks. I used 6 punches which left me 2 unused punch holes. Three weeks ago I was on Regal Princess. Because I still have 2 unused punch holes, I used 1 for coffee and 1 for specialty drink. Then I bought a coffee card on Regal Princess which gave me all the free coffee I can have while on Regal Princess. I used 4 Specialty drinks which left me 11 unused punch holes for my next princess cruise. To make a story short, I was testing the Café Staff. I was notified by a few of the Café staff that Complimentary coffee/tea is only applicable to voyage of purchase. It is also stated on the card. I am looking at the card as I'm typing this :D I hope this is helpful.

Happy Cruising everyone...........................

My 2 cents on Coffee Card.

I purchased a coffee card on Star Princess. All my coffees were free on Star Princess and Specialty drinks were punched. Three months later I was on Ruby Princess. I still have 8 unused punch holes which can be used for any purchase of coffee and/or specialty drinks. I used 6 punches which left me 2 unused punch holes. Three weeks ago I was on Regal Princess. Because I still have 2 unused punch holes, I used 1 for coffee and 1 for specialty drink. Then I bought a coffee card on Regal Princess which gave me all the free coffee I can have while on Regal Princess. I used 4 Specialty drinks which left me 11 unused punch holes for my next princess cruise. To make a story short, I was testing the Café Staff. I was notified by a few of the Café staff that Complimentary coffee/tea is only applicable to voyage of purchase. It is also stated on the card. I am looking at the card as I'm typing this :D I hope this is helpful.

Happy Cruising everyone...........................

Wow, keeping track of cards & punches seems to be a full time job. :D

Why didn't you use the old cards punches on you last cruise for the Specialty drinks on the Regal & only show the current card for the free stuff when necessary? :confused:

Wow, keeping track of cards & punches seems to be a full time job. :D

Why didn't you use the old cards punches on you last cruise for the Specialty drinks on the Regal & only show the current card for the free stuff when necessary? :confused:

LOL...that is kind of our procedure. We recently left the Regal with 1 unused coffee card and another with 4 remaining punches (we had traded our mini bar for 2 coffee cards). We will be on a long Golden Princess cruise in a few months and will again trade our mini bar for 2 more coffee cards. So I will have to always carry 2 cards....one of the new Golden Princess cards and one of those older cards. Its all kind of crazy....but every line has their idiosyncrasies.

Hank

LOL...that is kind of our procedure. We recently left the Regal with 1 unused coffee card and another with 4 remaining punches (we had traded our mini bar for 2 coffee cards). We will be on a long Golden Princess cruise in a few months and will again trade our mini bar for 2 more coffee cards. So I will have to always carry 2 cards....one of the new Golden Princess cards and one of those older cards. Its all kind of crazy....but every line has their idiosyncrasies.

Hank

I usually bring the new current coffee card with me a few times until they get to know me & after a few days most of the crew gets to know me and I no longer need to carry it.

I usually bring the new current coffee card with me a few times until they get to know me & after a few days most of the crew gets to know me and I no longer need to carry it.

On royal we received card -- apparently they were left over from a previous cruise...

They had put a small plain white sticker over a date, and written the current date/voyage.

Nothing official about it, and pretty had to tell if room service, or a passenger had done it.

On royal we received card -- apparently they were left over from a previous cruise...

They had put a small plain white sticker over a date, and written the current date/voyage.

Nothing official about it, and pretty had to tell if room service, or a passenger had done it.

Now that's interesting indeed.

I always thought they just dumped the marked unsold/distributed cards at the end of that voyage.

Maybe it's a cost savings measure like the butter on the DR table. :D:D