POM Question for Keith1010 or Others

nfcu

Keith, we are doing a B2B on Regent in November and will be at the terminal (J?) at the foot of the bridge going into Miami. I seem to remember you ( I think it was you) mentioning a while back that you walked over the bridge to Bayside Marketplace from this terminal and we would like to do the same on our B2B turnover day.

We are fit and able, but is this an easy, safe walk? Does the bridge have a sidewalk or lane set aside for walkers so we will not get run over by traffic? Is it worth doing instead of sitting on the ship all day? I value your opinion on this and all matters dealing with cruising.

Thanks.

It would be about a mile walk. So long as you don't mind walking up the bridge it is fine. The bridge does have a separated sidewalk with concrete barrier.

100% worth it if you never been to Miami/want to see Miami. Don't just stay in Bayside. You can easily get around the Downtown and Brickell area using the metromover system, which is free. Or take an Uber somewhere else in town like Lincoln Road or Wynwood.

Lots to see depending on what you want to do. Bayside is a nice spot to shop around and grab a drink, but much better food options elsewhere.

nacu, you are correct and my wife and I have done this walk numerous times.

It is indeed about one mile from the terminal to the end of the bridge. From there it is a very short walk over to Bayside.

It is very safe. You just want to be careful crossing a few streets within the terminal but even that is safe and once you are on the bridge it is absolutely safe. There is one side of the bridge to walk and that has a wide walkway and a very solid barricade.

I thought it would be helpful if I posted some photos from our walks.

DSC_1670.jpg

DSC_1672.jpg

Terminal J is on the side of the port and bridge without the side walk. So you just cross a street from J towards the other side and one more after that and you are on the side with the walkway. It is very easy. We have done this several times from J and also from a couple of the terminal from the other side.

To me it is very much worth doing. It's good exercise and fun to get out and about. In addition to Bayside if you are up to it from Bayside you can walk about another mile over to Brickell Centre. The Centre opened a couple of years ago right near Mary Brickell Village and has a wide range of stores and lots of restaurants.

However, if you don't want to do that just walking around Bayside is fun. Yes, it's a little touristy but after all your on a cruise. Should you need any items from a pharmacy across the street from Bayside is a CVS. Sometimes we have stopped there for a few items.

Keith