Daniel's Sloths to West Bay Beach

fuzzychop1

Our ship will be arriving in Roatan at 10 AM. From there we are going to Daniel Johnson's for a couple of hours then back to the port. Can anyone tell me if we'll have time to go to West Bay Beach if we leave from the port at around 2:00 if the ship leaves at 6? Please and thank you!

Which ship? which port?.

Daniel's place is well toward the other side of the island from West Bay. If you dock in Coxen Hole, you'll need to travel east to Daniels then west back past Coxen Hole to West Bay, then from West Bay to Coxen Hole. Lots of drive time, little venue time. If in Mahogany Bay, it's closer to Daniels then the entire trip from Daniel's to West Bay through Coxen Hole, the back to Mahogany Bay. If you're leaving the ship from either port at 2PM and desire to be back for the ship to depart at 6P it means you need to be back on board between 5 and 5:30P. Not enough time in my book.

• 1 month later...

We will arrive Roatan on 12/5/17 via NCL Getaway, and am considering same itinarery. Love to hold the sloth, which is recommended by many to go early. I can not swim but hope to see some fish from beach and understand West Bay Beach is best for that. Plan to check with resorts about 1:30ish port pickup arrangement. Private tour does not work out better for 2 people party, but with 10-6 port time, it may be tight? Any suggestion is appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching your thread because we're considering the same thing. We arrive at at 7 and are planning on being at the Sloth habitat when it opens at 9, but then I'm a little nervous that we won't have a lot of time to get out to West Bay, snorkel and get back to our ship before departure at 3:30.

We will arrive Roatan on 12/5/17 via NCL Getaway, and am considering same itinarery. Love to hold the sloth, which is recommended by many to go early. I can not swim but hope to see some fish from beach and understand West Bay Beach is best for that. Plan to check with resorts about 1:30ish port pickup arrangement. Private tour does not work out better for 2 people party, but with 10-6 port time, it may be tight? Any suggestion is appreciated!

I would have thought having a private driver for the day would have been less expensive than two individual fares. We usually pay about $40pp for two people (plus admissions) and then you have the flexibility to go where and for as long as you want. Also you won't waste time waiting on extra transport.

Hello,

2 of us did a tour with Victor's for $40 pp. He sent a van just for 2 of us. The driver took us around the island, stopping place to buy souvenirs and coffee then to West Bay because we can not swim so we went on a glass bottom boat (10 pp) to see the reef/coral and FISHES. After all that they took us by Victor's place to see monkeys/toucans etc. ($5 pp). We got back to the ship (Mahogany Bay) plenty time.

PS: If you wish to see fishes do not forget to bring some bread from the ship to feed them. So many beautiful fishes (Sargent Major) came up to eat the bread. It was a treat to see them.

Good luck and enjoy the island.

Hello,

2 of us did a tour with Victor's for $40 pp. He sent a van just for 2 of us. The driver took us around the island, stopping place to buy souvenirs and coffee then to West Bay because we can not swim so we went on a glass bottom boat (10 pp) to see the reef/coral and FISHES. After all that they took us by Victor's place to see monkeys/toucans etc. ($5 pp). We got back to the ship (Mahogany Bay) plenty time.

PS: If you wish to see fishes do not forget to bring some bread from the ship to feed them. So many beautiful fishes (Sargent Major) came up to eat the bread. It was a treat to see them.

Good luck and enjoy the island.

Bread contains yeast and when eaten by fish, it will expand and can cause constipation for most fish. The most resilient fish will survive however others will disappear as they suffer and the predators take them. People feeding the fish think it is amazing to see so many fish so close but if they look at the big picture, they would realize the damage they are causing.

Hello,

/quote]

Oh no. You did it now. Can't wait to see some of these responses to feeding fish.