Removed Posts and Threads

Elizanessie

Just a friendly reminder that any questions regarding or discussion of removed posts and threads should NOT be posted on the boards. Post and thread removals are at the discretion of Cruise Critic Management and all decisions shall remain final. Please review the following from the Removal of Topics/Posts section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Removal of Posts

Posts may be removed from our forums at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic without notification to the author or discussion participants. We may also MOVE a post to our Floataway Lounge that has veered off the original topic. All decisions regarding post removals are final.

Question: My post about a site that lists available cabins keeps getting removed, why?  Answer: More than likely, the site is a travel agency and sells cruises. Cruise Critic does not allow the posting of travel agency names/sites on the forums. We realize that you are not posting in the context of buying a cruise; however, we will remove the post in order to maintain a fair environment towards all travel agencies.

Question: Why don't you allow us to post about other cruise sites? My post contains *** and then you removed it!  Answer:  Actually, we do allow the legitimate linking to information at another cruise site, as long as that link isn't posted in an attempt to drive traffic to that site (in the sole discretion of Cruise Critic), or if the posting of such site is meant to cause disruption within the community. If a website's url or name is replaced by a series of *****, it may mean that particular website had spammed our community with advertisements for their site, or that member(s) may have posted in a way that we consider self-promotion or advertising.

Question:  I received a Guideline Reminder for a "Nuisance Posting." Just what is that anyway?  Answer: A nuisance post is a message that is either obnoxious, annoying, or offensive to individuals or to the community. These types of posts add nothing to the discussion, and have a tendency to drive the discussion in a different direction.

Question:  I no longer wish to be a member; why won't you remove all my posts!?   Answer: When you became a member you granted Cruise Critic the right to use what you post. Your posts are not stand-alone; they are part of a conversation or discussion and removing them would not be fair to other members. By registering and posting on our site, you have made a conscious decision to participate. We do not offer removal of posts from our forums.

Also, please note the following from the Guidelines:

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com

An e-mail to the Community Manager is the correct way for all members to get their site feedback, questions, comments, concerns or suggestions regarding board management to the correct place. Posting them on the boards does no good as it is impossible for the Community Manager to read each post on each thread in each forum to see your site feedback, questions, comments, concerns or suggestions. That is why you need to send your e-mail to Community Manager LauraS at community@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record and include your user name.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.