Regal Princess thanksgiving 11/19/17

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:03 PM.
Usa
16 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
I hope to hear from others who are going to be enjoying turkey day aboard the cruise ship with us. I will be traveling with my husband, son, daughter-in-law and my three-year-old granddaughter.
Alan and I will be traveling a half hour to Fort Lauderdale because we live in Boynton Beach, Florida. Zac, Karen and Bridgette will be traveling from Idaho.
Debbie
USA
4,342 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
I sailed during Thanksgiving Day in 2015 and decided not to have the "turkey and trimmings" meal. It was a good choice! The others at our table who had the traditional meal said it wasn't very good. But it was my very first time to have a different menu on that holiday.

Regarding contacting others on your sailing: like the other posters said, you need to find your roll call and join it. That's where you "chat" with those taking your same cruise. If there isn't a roll call started, you can do that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life's Milestones are Best Celebrated in Nautical Miles.

Oceania Insignia 1-2019 (World Cruise - 161 days)
Emerald Princess 5-2018 (Pacific Coastal - 4 days)
Oceania Insignia 12-2017 (Cuba - 7 days)
Regal Princess 11-2017 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caribbean Princess 3-2017 (Southern Caribbean - 8 days)
Celebrity Silhouette 8-2016 (British Isles, Guernsey, Belgium, Amsterdam - 14 days)
Grand Princess 11-2015 (Hawaii - 15 days)

Celebrity Infinity 10-2014 (TA - England, Azores, Bermuda, Bahamas - 14 days)
Celebrity Reflection 3-2014 (Eastern Caribbean - 7 days)
Crown Princess 7-2013 (Baltics/Russia - 14 days)
Emerald Princess 3-2012 (Eastern Caribbean - 10 days)
Caribbean Princess 6-2011 (Canada/New England - 9 days)
Crown Princess 9-2010 (TA - British Isles, Iceland, Greenland, Canada - 14 days)
Coral Princess 12-2008 (Full Panama Canal, Central America, Mexico - 14 days)
Sun Princess 9-2007 (Alaska - 7 days)
Carnival Paradise 9-2003 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)
Carnival Fantasy 1-1990 (Bahamas - 4 days)
Carnival Holiday 12-1989 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)

Southern Cal/Maui No Ka Oi
18,732 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by gg baby
I hope to hear from others who are going to be enjoying turkey day aboard the cruise ship with us. I will be traveling with my husband, son, daughter-in-law and my three-year-old granddaughter.
Alan and I will be traveling a half hour to Fort Lauderdale because we live in Boynton Beach, Florida. Zac, Karen and Bridgette will be traveling from Idaho.
Debbie
Here's the link to your cruise's roll call...have a great cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2427248
San Diego
162 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
I was on the Regal in 2016 for Thanksgiving and Turkey day was also steak and lobster day as it was a formal evening. Steak and lobster won the day for me, especially as I was going to the UK for Christmas that year to see friends and family and I couldn't face turkey for dinner twice within the span of a month!
Herndon, VA
156 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
I'll be on that cruise! We are excited for a Thanksgiving on the Regal. I don't know if I will end up having the turkey and trimmings, but I already warned my husband to expect a Christmas turkey this year since it is my specialty and it is the first time I won't be making it since we got married!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Newbie Cruiser.

Coming up:
Nov 17: Regal Princess (Western Caribbean)
Nov 18: Royal Princess (Eastern Caribbean)
Past:
Mar 15: Caribbean Princess (Western Caribbean)
Mar 16: Regal Princess (Western Caribbean)
Jul 17: Enchantment of the Seas (Bahamas)