Luggage help

bridmo

Certainly not misread Okavango as I said in my post it was on, and is still on, my site which is the one you register with when you book on line so I felt it would be useful to other cruisers to print off the reply from Thomson.

I do regularly read the T&Cs and have done so for many years now but I fully understand we can all make mistakes its usually spelling with me.:rolleyes:

Certainly not misread Okavango as I said in my post it was on, and is still on, my site which is the one you register with when you book on line so I felt it would be useful to other cruisers to print off the reply from Thomson.

I do regularly read the T&Cs and have done so for many years now but I fully understand we can all make mistakes its usually spelling with me.:rolleyes:

Ok, can you copy and paste the section from the booking/E ticket,, would be interesting to see how they have got it worded now.

Their E tickets have always been stupid, rather than having a dedicated one for each type of holiday they go and lump a load of irrelevent info on your tickets which can cause confusion over a few things.

Why cant they just keep it simple and to the point.

Do not have e ticket as its for our cruise next Sep Do not want to copy all my booking details as they have sensitive details on but this is a copy of the line which gives that information. Hand luggage 5kg per passenger (excluding infants)

The maximum dimensions of your hand luggage can be 55x40x20cm.

You will just have to trust me and remember this is only shown if you book on line:(

Do not have e ticket as its for our cruise next Sep Do not want to copy all my booking details as they have sensitive details on but this is a copy of the line which gives that information. Hand luggage 5kg per passenger (excluding infants)

The maximum dimensions of your hand luggage can be 55x40x20cm.

You will just have to trust me and remember this is only shown if you book on line:(

Taken from a mock booking for next year

"

YOUR LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE

When flying with Thomson Airways you get a 15kg hold luggage allowance on all of our package deals, and you can also take one 5kg piece of hand luggage. Check your booking details carefully, as some of our deals set you up with a bumper 20kg hold allowance, plus 7kg of hand luggage. Under twos get a 10kg allowance, on top of a pushchair or a car seat. Find out more about our luggage allowances here."

Reads exactly the same as this year.

Taken from the FAQ in "My thomson a/c"

"

Package holidays

Checked-in luggage

When flying with Thomson Airways, you’re entitled to a 15kg luggage allowance on our package holidays. Certain types of holiday come with a bigger allowance of 20kg – this is clearly shown whilst you’re booking if it applies.

Hand luggage

You can take 1 piece of hand luggage weighing up to 5kg and with maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm on a Thomson Airways flight. On some holidays you’re allowed 7kg – this will be clearly shown whilst you’re booking if it applies. Things like laptops, handbags and items bought at the airport must fit within your 1 piece of hand luggage. You must be able to lift your hand luggage into the overhead storage compartments yourself. You can bring a Trunki case as hand luggage, as long as it weighs less than 5kg.

Flights with other airlines

If you're flying with another airline, you'll find details of your hand luggage allowance on your e-ticket or confirmation email.

Flight Only bookings

Hand luggage

If you’re just booking a Thomson Airways flight, you can carry 1 piece of hand luggage of up to 5kg for free. The maximum dimensions of your hand luggage can be 55x40x20cm and you must be able to lift your hand luggage into the overhead storage compartments yourself. Things like laptops, handbags and items bought at the airport must fit within your 1 piece of hand luggage."

Still cant find anything saying cruise was changing to 5kg

Or was it just a misread?
Sounds like one.

Jet2 is now our preferred package holiday operator - 32kg total luggage allowance as standard, and a better service all round IMO.

Single queue at check in - 60% (if my arithmetic is sound) higher luggage allowance - more leg room on aircraft - resort check in (in many locations) for returm journey.

What's not to like ?

Thomsons and Thomas Cook must be losing trade to them ?

We've used Jet2 for a few years for package hols knocks spots off the competition, pretty good for flight only as well if you're planning on going for a break before /after a cruise.

Kev

We have used Jet 2 for flights and for package holidays and can’t fault them and love the 23 kg luggage allowance.

No long queues at check in either in UK or abroad - Thomson take note!!

We were also very impressed by resort check in, it worked really well for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find jet2 are better than they were, at least they have cleaned up their act a bit now, when i first looked at a flight with them a few years ago they were as bad as ryanair for add ons, check in fee, booking fee, card payment fee for both debit and credit unless you had a certain obscure debit card that was only available to members of the nepalise goat herders union. By the time it came to pay the advertised £50 fare had got to about £120 so it was stuff you.

Flown with them a few times now, most recently this summer and it was nice to see they had dropped the £8 check in fee for hold luggage, it made the huge 22kg £32 , the dearest standard hold baggage per kg out.

What annoyed me most this summer was when you boarded the plane they had that annoying music from their tv ad blaring out on a loop for 1/2 hour, was getting on the verge of wanting to rip the speaker out.

Dont understand their wording of friendly low fares though, what exactly is a friendly low fare??? some of their fares can be quite eye watering, needed a flight back from cyprus 3 years ago ,easyjet £110 jet2 £640

I find Jet2 prices pretty expensive in comparison to the likes of other budget airlines like y Easyjet and Ryanair.Flown with Jet2 a couple of times and found them no better than Easyjet or Ryanair.In fact out of the three,any significant delay was with Jet2

This what it says on my e ticket:-

'Luggage Allowance

Remember, no single item can top 23kg, and you'll be charged if you exceed your allowance. You're allowed one piece of hand luggage measuring no more than 55cm x 40cm x 20cm and weighing no more than 5kg.

If you've booked any of the following holidays, or upgraded to Premium Club for your long haul flight, your hand luggage is boosted to 7 kg.

Platinum, Premium, a La carte, Gold, Tui magic life, etc etc, Cruise holidays or Multi centre holidays have 7kg of hand luggage included.'

You will be able to board and use all facilities and your cabin should be ready we have never had to wait, only for luggage we normally take a change of clothing in the hand luggage don't forget you get 7kg.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

I just got my e-tickets through for my cruise and hand luggage is down to 5Kg, I had heard this before then I seen your quote however we checked the website and it still says 7kg !!!!

I just got my e-tickets through for my cruise and hand luggage is down to 5Kg, I had heard this before then I seen your quote however we checked the website and it still says 7kg !!!!

Once again taken from an E ticket

LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE

Remember, no single item can top 23kg, and you’ll be charged if you exceed your allowance. You’re allowed one piece of hand luggage measuring no more than 55cm by 40cm by 20cm, and weighing no more than 5kg. To book extra luggage allowance visit https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk

If you’ve booked any of the following holidays and you’re flying with us, or you’ve upgraded to our Premium Club cabin for your long-haul flight, your hand luggage is boosted to 7kg.

Platinum, Premier, A La Carte, Gold, Robinson, TUI Magic Life, TUI Blue, TUI Sensimar, TUI Sensatori, TUI Family Life, Holiday Village, Cruise holidays, or Multi-Centre holidays have 7kg of hand luggage included. Customers travelling in Premium Club on a long-haul flight with us also get 7kg hand luggage allowance.

where does it say cruise has been dropped to 5kg ???

I totally understand your concerns.I have sent an email off to pretravel and they have confirmed that it is 7kg for our cruise so I can show that at the check in if required, as I have been in the past. I suggest you do the same. Its no good at all when you are informed at check in that the limit is 5kg and you say its in the brochure:confused:, they want confirmation that it relates to your holiday.

Have a great holiday:)