Alaskan Amber?

Scotto97

So does anyone know the current Alaska beer list? DW and I go start vacation in two weeks. My one negative about Princess is their weak beer choices. That is one of the primary reasons I am going with the AIBP. Great opportunity to taste what the rest of the world drinks without breaking the bank. That and the coffee!!

On the Ruby in June they only had the Summer Ale, not the Amber. Unless they ran out early. DH did not ask for Alaskan beer until later in the cruise.

I'll take Summer or Amber! I like White too. Hope they have a couple to choose from when we sail in 6 days!

We board the Ruby a week from Saturday and hope they have Alaskan beer. We have been to the brewery in Juneau and had a great time. I am not sure other than visiting the glacier what we will be doing in Juneau this time.

This is funny ... I'm in central Texas and our local grocery stores carry Alaskan beer. No need to go all the way to Alaska to get it, although before our Alaskan cruise in 2011, I did buy some Alaska Ale for DH to get in the spirit.

It's not that you need to go all the way to Alaska for Alaskan beer. I can get it here where I live too. The point is that when you are sailing to Alaska, you want to drink something better than Budweiser!

It's not that you need to go all the way to Alaska for Alaskan beer. I can get it here where I live too. The point is that when you are sailing to Alaska, you want to drink something better than Budweiser!

Exactly - When in Rome do as the Romans.

It's a great medium bodied beer for the cooler weather.

If I visited Germany, Dos Equis wouldn't be my first choice either.

Exactly - When in Rome do as the Romans.

It's a great medium bodied beer for the cooler weather.

If I visited Germany, Dos Equis wouldn't be my first choice either.

Last time I was in Skagway (2013) there was a little store near the pier and they gave you those card board carry things for 6 beers and you could mix and match all the different Alaska brews, I carried it back on board and was so nice to sample them all and the different labels were super fun!

Last time I was in Skagway (2013) there was a little store near the pier and they gave you those card board carry things for 6 beers and you could mix and match all the different Alaska brews, I carried it back on board and was so nice to sample them all and the different labels were super fun!

We didn't have time to visit, but there is also a brewery in Skagway. I guess their specialty is spruce tip beer. We learned about it on part of our tour. Sounded interesting to some in our group.

The question though, that has not been answered, is what local brews is Princess carrying on their Alaskan cruises this year. :beer-mug:

Previous posters have mentioned Alaskan Amber and Alaskan Summer. These are the ones Princess carried before the introduction of SeaWitch, so it looks like they may have gone back to these.

Can anyone verify whether Alaskan Amber is available on Alaskan cruises now that Seawitch has been discontinued?

I agree with previous posters, at first glance I did think you were asking about the the stone, not the beer.... Maybe re-post with Beer in the title of your thread.... I can't believe in mid July after 2 + full months of sailings that someone can't answer this for you lol :cool:

Alaskan Amber is just Ok, nothing to write home about. The only beer to drink is Elysian. My favorite is Space Dust IPA http://www.elysianbrewing.com/elysian-beers/space-dust-ipa/[/quote]

Look at what is available usually on the ships I would be very happy to see the Alaskan Amber on there otherwise I'm relegated to only Pilsners/Lagers. As for Space dust it's good but far from the only good beer. If you do like IPA's try the Deschutes Fresh Squeezed