Back Again: $100 off $500 AMEX

DisneyDatknee

Reposted again. Bookings February 1, 2018 - May 31, 2018. Same terms and conditions $100 off $500 booking on the Carnival Family. AMEX only and usually applies to non-delta cards. Delta cards just take a while or you have to go through hoops.

Hasn't popped up on my account because I have a Delta card. clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html

Doesn't look like I have it offered on my card yet, but when this was offered before any payment of $500 or more to the line earned the benefit - you didn't need to "book" during the offer period. One of the times I've used it was as a partial payment at final payment time (I have another card with better benefits than the usual Amex benefit for travel spending). Read the terms on the Amex website to be sure.

Doesn't look like I have it offered on my card yet, but when this was offered before any payment of $500 or more to the line earned the benefit - you didn't need to "book" during the offer period. One of the times I've used it was as a partial payment at final payment time (I have another card with better benefits than the usual Amex benefit for travel spending). Read the terms on the Amex website to be sure.

so I have my final payment in March I should be able to call and make a 500$ payment with my Amex platinum and get the 100$?

Just FYI I do not see this offer on my AMEX platinum personal and chatted with a representative and got the below.

Promotional offers are based on the solicitation. Offers is designed to deliver personalized offers that are relevant to card member. Because of the targeted nature of this program, not every person will receive every offer, and we cannot extend offers by request​​​​​​​

Our marketing team is reviewing accounts based on where you live, spending habits and the type of Card you have before they make offers available on a card. As a valued Card Member there may be future offers available for you. They'll send you an email when your card is eligible for this offer.​​​​​​​

As of now you can have those offers that are found in "my offers" tab or if an email was sent to you about this offer.​​​​​​​

These offers are sent in slots

You may receive it in upcoming days, upon review our marketing team will send you email when your card is eligible for the offer

You may get the better deals from the current one

so I have my final payment in March I should be able to call and make a 500$ payment with my Amex platinum and get the 100$?

You need to log into your online account (perhaps you could call) and (a) verify that you've been given the offer and (b) register for the benefit ("Apply offer to card") before sending your $500 to the line.

At least that's how it worked last year. I called my TA, explained that I wanted to spread my final payment over two cards, and then gave the Amex for $500 and a Visa card for the balance.

Looks like you can just do it when you call to make final payment - according to the link in the OP the offer lasts through May.

Edited by Underwatr

I have always had the offer show up, and frankly, I am a little upset it has not as I have a Platinum card that I always pay for my cruises with. And I just booked a cruise January 31! I haven't had to put any money down yet because I had a cruise certificate, but I will have some words with an AMEX rep.

I have always had the offer show up, and frankly, I am a little upset it has not as I have a Platinum card that I always pay for my cruises with.

Wouldn't it be more likely to show up on a card that you haven't used to purchase a cruise with? If their goal is to drum up business, why reward people who have purchased in the past and will do so in the future?

I went through the link in the OP and made a $500 payment. Didn’t work for the $100 back. Oh well.

You have to log into your Amex account and link the offer to your card first. When you make the HA payment the credit appears afterwards.

Normally I'd agree with you. But you pay a BIG fee for the Platinum card and there are affiliated bonuses for booking cruises on your Platnum card, either though AMEX travel or affiliated travel agencies, so that logic doesn't apply hear. Also, AMEX is always offering all sorts of Hilton offers all the time. There are other companies that always seem to have offers all the time- Ebags is one.

The offer just showed up on two of my cards. It may be on more cards, I have not checked them. I have been checking religiously every day.

Thanks so much!! I found the offer on one of my cards, but I have my fingers crossed it will show up on the others as well eventually!!

I'm seeing terms that might be different from last year's offers - only valid on cruises booked during the offer period and only on bookings direct with the cruise line. I got the benefit both times last year with payments made to a travel agent, one of them for final payment on a cruise booked before the start date of the offer.

Since the card statement will probably show the payment as having been made directly to the line it may not matter.

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the specific language used for the two 2017 offers?