Elation vs. Liberty vs. Sunshine - which would you choose?

BlueSky73

The destination isn't important - we just want to get on a boat!

My husband and I were spoiled by sailing Oasis of the Seas last May, just the two of us. We promised our children we wouldn't go cruising without them again, so we're searching for the right ship. We have 4 of them, ranging in age from 15-8, so a good pool area is a must. However, we're taking 4 kids with us on vacation - so an adults only pool and area are quite possibly more important :)

Based on crowds (my 13 year old has Down syndrome, he and terrible crowds don't mix), pools, food, and adult areas, which do you like?

We are going to be taking our second cruise on the Elation next month. My wife and I have three children ages 10,7,5. Last year we had an absolute blast on this ship. Having cruised larger ones before we were a little skeptical of the smaller scale, but it proved to be a pleasant surprise. It was just big enough to not feel crowded, and we never felt as though our kids were "too far away" even if the oldest wanted to run and grab a drink himself while we stayed at the pool etc... bigger is not always better for sure. The ship did show a little age in some spots, but has since been through a very recent dry dock and we are looking forward to the updated look, and new amenities. Obviously my vote is for Elation!

I would pick the Liberty. I was on the Sunshine when it was the Destiny maybe 10 yrs ago, and I stopped sailing the smaller and older ships over 12 yrs ago.

The Liberty has a decent layout, can be less crowded than the Sunshine, and is way newer than the Elation. JMO, YMMV.

Not the Sunshine for me, too crowded, but between the Liberty and Elation, it would be all about price. They both pretty much sail to the Bahamas. Jacksonville is my favorite port just because of it's lack of congestion, but Port Canaveral is my second choice. In the end it would just come down to price per day at sea between these two for me.

With kids? Sunshine hands down. Can't beat the sports square/water park area. My boys are now 19 and 13 and were on it about 3 years ago and it is their favorite ship out of about 10 different ones.

Good to hear since we're sailing April 22! The waterworks and ropes course were very impressive, but being with kids the 3 deck serenity is what sealed the deal! ;)

Thank you for all of your responses.