Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

2Q==

39728205-orange.jpg

LOL, not quite the high end look I was thinking of !! is that a celebrity chic nite look?!

I was thinking more like this....that tie is just the same 'modern' splash of orange to the suit as the magic carpet is to the ship!

9fcb9374990f4f33d7ea0ec248bc7be4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL, not quite the high end look I was thinking of !! is that a celebrity chic nite look?!

I was thinking more like this....that tie is just the same 'modern' splash of orange to the suit as the magic carpet is to the ship!

WOW...will he be available in the gift shop?

Also goes well with fairly "new" Cruise Critic logo

Well, here’s something about the Edge's life boats, its manufacturer and more from a Norwegian article.

Some great photos as well!

https://www.tu.no/artikler/cruiseskip-med-mobilt-dekk-til-13-etasjer-teknisk-helt-pa-kanten/430675

Double decker life boats

• Design: Palfinger Marine Safety AS

• Production: Norway

• Passenger capacity: 440 (distributed on two floors)

• Number: 4

• Length: 15 meters

• Width: 5.52

• Speed: 6 knots

Palfinger Marine Safety had the contract with the new lifeboats in 2015. It is signed with the shipyard STX France, however, the development and the design is done in very close cooperation with RCCL who owns Celebrity Cruises.

The lifeboats are also specially designed for Celebrity Edge and two sister vessels, which also will be built at STX France. Each ship will have four and there should be space for 440 in each.

As far as we know, the life boats are the first to be built with two complete decks. There will be four entrances, two with the staircase up and two with stairs down.

The weight of a total of 53 tons of boat and people set strict requirements for the davits, that is, hook and winch for launching and hoisting. Palfinger Marine has designed an all-new davit to this project.

The Magic Carpet

• Size: 180 m2

• Length: 33.5 m

• Width: 6 metres

• Weight: 240 tons

• Max people: 100

Well, here’s something about the Edge's life boats, its manufacturer and more from a Norwegian article.

https://www.tu.no/artikler/cruiseskip-med-mobilt-dekk-til-13-etasjer-teknisk-helt-pa-kanten/430675

Double decker life boats

• Design: Palfinger Marine Safety AS

• Production: Norway

• Passenger capacity: 440 (distributed on two floors)

• Number: 4

• Length: 15 meters

• Width: 5.52

• Speed: 6 knots

Palfinger Marine Safety had the contract with the new lifeboats in 2015. It is signed with the shipyard STX France, however, the development and the design is done in very close cooperation with RCCL who owns Celebrity Cruises.

The lifeboats are also specially designed for Celebrity Edge and two sister vessels, which also will be built at STX France. Each ship will have four and there should be space for 440 in each.

As far as we know, the life boats are the first to be built with two complete decks. There will be four entrances, two with the staircase up and two with stairs down.

The weight of a total of 53 tons of boat and people set strict requirements for the davits, that is, hook and winch for launching and hoisting. Palfinger Marine has designed an all-new davit to this project.

The Magic Carpet

• Size: 180 m2

• Length: 33.5 m

• Width: 6 metres

• Weight: 240 tons

• Max people: 100

Very interesting,..

That MC adds alot of weight, plus the tables & chairs, and the 100 pax, servers, Wonder how they balanced that on the other side...

Wonder how long it would take to load those mega life boats? Are they also the tenders for ports? If yes, glad we have no ports on our cruise,,,

My understanding is these tenders are designed to be able to enter them from the magic carpet without having to climb down steps as is normal. These may be used as lifeboats but there are obviously to be standard lifeboats as four of these don't have enough capacity. I would guess that larger tenders with easier and faster boarding will cut down substantially on the time it takes to get everyone on shore in tender ports. The video shows 440 pax boarding in 5:21.

Some great photos indeed! Thanks again [emoji1]

987fc266acfdad42ae98146df20fc454.jpg

Good perspective of the S3 balconies with Lledge above. There is a 'model' on one them getting a bit of sun!

a47adcdac3cfce545a0268de76dbf29d.jpg

Love these behind the scenes shots - you just don’t realise what’s in the ceiling, under the floor, in the walls on these ships. Goodness knows how they know what goes where!

b12aa841511cc8f165d73e89ec642eed.jpg

Oh No! They have introduced some thrill offerings a la Royal Caribbean - soon to be announced - X smokestack abseiling [emoji33][emoji6]

My understanding is these tenders are designed to be able to enter them from the magic carpet without having to climb down steps as is normal. These may be used as lifeboats but there are obviously to be standard lifeboats as four of these don't have enough capacity. I would guess that larger tenders with easier and faster boarding will cut down substantially on the time it takes to get everyone on shore in tender ports. The video shows 440 pax boarding in 5:21.

The smoother entry concept is excellent..we hardly tender anymore due to bobbing life boats.

Celeb is so disorganized at people moving, I doubt they will be able to board that many pax in 5.21....not to mention many guests with ambulation issues needing extra time.

..Did not see the video but sounds like a guess or aspiration. Will be interesting to see how it goes on the Western itins with tender ports.

??? is this some sort of coast guard requirement? 5 min 21 seconds?

Oh, I may have misunderstood previous post by hvsteve 1....maybe that is where the boarding process is shown in the video mentioned in the post, but I took it to mean the time frame for boarding.. sure would be quick!

Oh, I may have misunderstood previous post by hvsteve 1....maybe that is where the boarding process is shown in the video mentioned in the post, but I took it to mean the time frame for boarding.. sure would be quick!

The video isn't about boarding for tendering. It is about testing times for emergency evacuations. The clearly seen clue are the life vests everyone is wearing. No one would be expected to wear life vests when tendering. At least I have never experienced that.