Quest Cuba Cruise - 19 March 2018 - Changed Itinerary

RosieRuby

Having already changed our previously booked Caribbean cruise with Azamara as they cancelled the cruise, we have just been notified by our friends in Dallas about changes to our cruise on Azamara Quest, departing Miami on 19 March. Another overnight in Havana and in Santiago de Cuba has been added. I'm sure some people will be happy about this, but we were looking forward to Grand Caymen as we haven't been there in ages and also to the time at sea, which presumably now is being cut short to accommodate the additional time in Santiago.

I think it's disappointing that we haven't heard from Azamara directly ourselves (we're in the UK). These changes are being made at relatively short notice and I feel it's to benefit Azamara as it's more convenient for them, rather than honouring the itinerary that we chose - for the 2nd time!

I have read with interest on CC, the comments from other posters about Azamara's poor communications and the way loyal guests are treated (we're in double figures with them) and this appears to be another example of how they manage to get things so wrong and tarnish their reputation.

We have been contemplating booking this cruise and asked for a quote today.

I am sure that some will be happy about the changes but the stop in Grand Cayman was one of the attractions for us so other than Labadee , where we have been before, is the cruise just basically now a Miami to Cuba cruise?

( G & S ..We are sorry about these changes for your cruise from A & P...)

We have just received notification from Azamara Club Cruises Express Notification Alerts about a similar itinerary change for the 9th March and confirming our AzAmazing evening in Santiago de Cuba. This is good news as we now know our nights in Havana are free. We do loose a sea day which might not please some.

Jenni

• 2 weeks later...
Having already changed our previously booked Caribbean cruise with Azamara as they cancelled the cruise, we have just been notified by our friends in Dallas about changes to our cruise on Azamara Quest, departing Miami on 19 March. Another overnight in Havana and in Santiago de Cuba has been added. I'm sure some people will be happy about this, but we were looking forward to Grand Caymen as we haven't been there in ages and also to the time at sea, which presumably now is being cut short to accommodate the additional time in Santiago.

I think it's disappointing that we haven't heard from Azamara directly ourselves (we're in the UK). These changes are being made at relatively short notice and I feel it's to benefit Azamara as it's more convenient for them, rather than honouring the itinerary that we chose - for the 2nd time!

I have read with interest on CC, the comments from other posters about Azamara's poor communications and the way loyal guests are treated (we're in double figures with them) and this appears to be another example of how they manage to get things so wrong and tarnish their reputation.

We too are on this cruise and totally agree that this is a poor decision to cancel the call at Grand Cayman, which looks like it has been done to include the AzaAmazing evening. I know what I would have preferred to have seen and experienced. We were not expecting to be treated like this by Azamara...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Like the others who posted, I too am disappointed with the change and wonder what the circumstances were that led Azamara to miss out the Gran Cayman stop.

I wrote and asked them to point to the booking condition which permitted them to change an advertised itinerary when we had booked and paid on the basis of the 2 Cuba stops, Gran Cayman, and Haiti,- but to date have had no response

I can understand that port problems or weather may necessitate a change of itinerary but to simply send an e mail with GOOD NEWS that we would have an extra night in Cuba is a bit high handed and not offer any form of compensation except an evening entertainment in Santiago de Cuba which I feel should have already been included at some stage in the voyage as it is a normal feature of all other 6 Azamara cruises which we have enjoyed to date.

I think we should at least register our objections to Azamara and seek an explanation

I think you will find that their terms and conditions state that itineraries can be changed without notice etc etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So there we have it fellow 'valued customers' ...........nah nah nee nah nah .......very shoddy!

It all depends on the reason for the changes though and how they are communicated/explained to the customers. Of course some changes have to happen, others may not be so needed as it might first seem.

Yes

Checked the visa requirements as well (we are from Ireland) and told that a visa can be purchased on board and applies to all passengers. The $75 p.p. will be charged to our on board account. May be an added cost but at least it is convenient.