Crystal Cruises Ocean Fleet Hits Sydney - 16-18 February 2018

Whilst not home ported out of Australia Crystal Cruises two ocean ships, Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphomy are regular visitors most years to Australia

This year both ships will be in Sydney at the same time on 17 and 18 February (Serenity arrives around 1pm on Friday) as part of their World Cruisers

Crystal Serenity’s route

10d40282d8c2338ef06ef953cc6c339c.jpg

Crystal Symphony’s route

5851279a677f912876d437a7c3dbfef9.jpg

Some guests will swap ships in Sydney to create WC 3 and 4 options but the majority of full WCers are on Serenity

So from Friday 16 Feb when Serenity docks at the OPT around 1pm before moving to Athol Buoy early on Sat 17 Feb around 4am and on the Sat when Symphony arrives early in the morning also around 4am and heads to White Bay you will see the approx 1600 passengers from both ships around Sydney enjoying all our attractions

They are here as part of their respective 2018 World Cruises and WC guests will have a big party at the Sydney Town Hall on Saturday night - a White themed party

I’m currently on Crystal Serenity approaching Mystery Island today and have a live thread running over @ https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2582871 if you’re interested in life onboard this lovely luxury ship

We are due to visit Norfolk Island later this week but the suites are not good for us being able to ashore with the cyclone impacting seas - fingers crossed we make it

Hopefully Sydney puts on some great weather for our visit

Well the Captain just announced we aren’t going to Norfolk Island - seas will be too rough to tender caused by the approach of Cyclone Gita which is due to hit Norfolk after our scheduled visit

So we arrive in Sydney early l to be met by the Pilot at 9am for the run into Sydney - should be a nice time for us to arrive and for Sydney folk to watch the cruise up the harbour

Now enroute from Noumea to Sydney

Well the Captain just announced we aren’t going to Norfolk Island - seas will be too rough to tender caused by the approach of Cyclone Gita which is due to hit Norfolk after our scheduled visit

So we arrive in Sydney early l to be met by the Pilot at 9am for the run into Sydney - should be a nice time for us to arrive and for Sydney folk to watch the cruise up the harbour

Thanks for update. Enjoy the ride into Sydney and enjoy Valentines Day on board, no doub ta meal of some repast is in the making from those talented chefs on board. Pity you will miss Norfolk Island a lot of your pax would not have been there. It is a gem.

Thanks

We’ve already decided we’ll book a holiday on Norfolk Island in the next year - our friends spend a week or so there last year and loved it - I think you really need a week or so to enjoy all the things to do on the island

Thanks

We’ve already decided we’ll book a holiday on Norfolk Island in the next year - our friends spend a week or so there last year and loved it - I think you really need a week or so to enjoy all the things to do on the island

Yes 7 to 10 days is great, both times we went to N.I. we stayed at the Governors Resort, best digs on the island in my opinion. Continue to enjoy your cruise.:cool:

You can get a good deal there for $1500 pp. Accom, brekkie, flights, car hire, transfers and a dinner or 2. Sorry to transgress.

A shame you are missing Norfolk. Hope the seas are reasonable so you get a nice ride rather than an uncomfortable one. Sydney will be waiting for the impending arrival.

Thanks

Bugger that you’re missing it, but I agree it needs about a week. I think the last holiday we flew for was Norfolk and loved it soooooo relaxing.

Great briefing by the Captain Birger Vorland of Serenity on the ships Morning Show this morning happening right now - I think we all learnt a lot about Cyclones and specifically what is happening with Cyclone Gita. He is very clear and measured - a very good ambassador for Crystal

There’s no way we would want to be anywhere near Norfolk Island in the next few days. Heading straight for Sydney makes a lot of sense (the only viable option)

Good idea. We are all watching cyclone Gita and hoping that it does not track over this way. Its movements are still unclear at the moment. It could head west and hit Australia or turn south and come towards NZ. Either way they "anticipate" it will have lost strength by then and be downgraded.

Good idea. We are all watching cyclone Gita and hoping that it does not track over this way. Its movements are still unclear at the moment. It could head west and hit Australia or turn south and come towards NZ. Either way they "anticipate" it will have lost strength by then and be downgraded.

I hope it fizzles out as well.