Valentines Day Flash Sale!

BBMacLaird

I followed the link too, June 23rd departure. Category 5 inside cabins more expensive than balcony - weird. From what I can see its the same deal - one half price (supposedly) and free wi-fi that we have had for a while.

Perhaps I am missing something.

It seems to be the same deal, but with a $500 Obc added on certain cruises.

But .... my email says it’s valid from Feb 14th to Feb 28th, not 19th as posted above.

Hi Bonnie,

I got this email and was very happy to see my December 2018 cruise listed. The price for my V3 balcony and the perks hadn't changed. So I called my travel agent to have the $500 OBC added to my booking. What a great Valentine's Day present!

My TA was annoyed when she was told by someone at the Azamara call center that I would have to cancel the reservation and rebook - and that I would be charged a cancellation fee of $100. It seemed unreasonable to her, especially with Azamara's Best Price Guarantee.

But she was told that it was the only way it could be done. And that's what I did. Sure, it's only $100. No great tragedy. I'm ahead $400.

Now I need to make sure that my new booking number is going to be used when LCV upgrades are done. If upgrades are based on time of booking as well as LCV level (we're Discoverer +) our booking will be recorded as more than a month later. And it sure would be nice to be upgraded to a suite for only $398 if there's a suite available.

Isn't it crazy to have to think about this?

Toni

I did see that but was somewhat disappointed there are only 2918 cruises listed.

Me too, looking for 2019 not 2018. That was booked a year ago. Did see the cruise I'm eyeing has almost all balcony cabins available so it probably won't be long until it's on sale. But as of right now, it's been included in non of Azamara's "Sales". Disappointing to read that you're charged a cancellation fee to refare, that seems a bit ridiculous.

Hi Bonnie,

I got this email and was very happy to see my December 2018 cruise listed. The price for my V3 balcony and the perks hadn't changed. So I called my travel agent to have the $500 OBC added to my booking. What a great Valentine's Day present!

My TA was annoyed when she was told by someone at the Azamara call center that I would have to cancel the reservation and rebook - and that I would be charged a cancellation fee of $100. It seemed unreasonable to her, especially with Azamara's Best Price Guarantee.

But she was told that it was the only way it could be done. And that's what I did. Sure, it's only $100. No great tragedy. I'm ahead $400.

Now I need to make sure that my new booking number is going to be used when LCV upgrades are done. If upgrades are based on time of booking as well as LCV level (we're Discoverer +) our booking will be recorded as more than a month later. And it sure would be nice to be upgraded to a suite for only $398 if there's a suite available.

Isn't it crazy to have to think about this?

Toni

All of our promotions have always been offered to stimulate new bookings. Nothing new here.

But I’m glad you are $400 ahead in OBC!

Me too, looking for 2019 not 2018. That was booked a year ago. Did see the cruise I'm eyeing has almost all balcony cabins available so it probably won't be long until it's on sale. But as of right now, it's been included in non of Azamara's "Sales". Disappointing to read that you're charged a cancellation fee to refare, that seems a bit ridiculous.

I don't think you'll find flash sales on cruises out to 2019. It doesn't make business sense to do that. Besides, going by past experience they may yet still charter some of them!

We have always had non-refundable deposits in the UK which we lose if we refare. Nothing new for us.

Phil

I don't think you'll find flash sales on cruises out to 2019. It doesn't make business sense to do that. Besides, going by past experience they may yet still charter some of them!

Phil

The one I'm looking at seems to be the first that isn't included in the 50% off second guest. No worries, have Celebrity booked on almost the identical itinerary for 1/2 the price.

The one I'm looking at seems to be the first that isn't included in the 50% off second guest. No worries, have Celebrity booked on almost the identical itinerary for 1/2 the price.

Oh I've done the same thing. Unfortunately I'm currently pondering. Celebrity was half the price, but sadly less than half the experience of Azamara. Maybe one more try.

Phil

Oh I've done the same thing. Unfortunately I'm currently pondering. Celebrity was half the price, but sadly less than half the experience of Azamara. Maybe one more try.

Phil

We both actually really like Celebrity. MDR isn't the best anymore but you can get some great deals on the dining packages and like the Premium Drink package better than what Azamara offers.

Phil

As much as I like Azamara, I would not think that Celebrity is half the experience from Azamara. If Celebrity would offer a similar itinerary than Azamara for half the price than the one charged by Azamara, I would not hesitate and book Celebrity.

I think one of the observations we have been pointing out on the Azamara forum are the prices increase without really quality increases. For me there are limits to those price increases.

Ivi

As much as I like Azamara, I would not think that Celebrity is half the experience from Azamara. If Celebrity would offer a similar itinerary than Azamara for half the price than the one charged by Azamara, I would not hesitate and book Celebrity.

I think one of the observations we have been pointing out on the Azamara forum are the prices increase without really quality increases. For me there are limits to those price increases.

Ivi

I agree totally. I have tried to quantify the difference as it relates to our experience. It's hard to put a number on it, but I would say that the Azamara on-board experience is somewhere around 25-30% better. In the case for my wife and me, the difference is a little less because Celebrity treats their top-tier guests so well. You get things like unlimited laundry and internet plus the premium drink package.

My threshold for additional cost is about 30% for comparable itineraries. But other things can influence us in either direction.

For instance, we are currently debating a cruise from Tokyo back to the US between Quest and Millennium. Azamara is only about 20% more as we booked it on board. Normally that would be a no-brainer, but we have some friends on the Millennium and the Quest ends in Seward where the flight home is more expensive and much more inconvenient than from Vancouver. The cruise is eligible for BOGOHO, but not for suites. If we could get that, the cost would be less for Azamara and would seal the deal.