Azamara shuttle bus in Brisbane

You may need to contact Azamara directly, are you docking at Portside? If so the river cat is easy and fairly cheap way to get into town.

If its 9 March , Azamara is at the Multi Use Grain Terminal.

from Ports of Brisbane Cruise Schedule-

Pacific Aria 09 March 2018 06:00hrs 09 March 2018 14:00hrs 219.21 ISS Portside

Azamara Journey 09 March 2018 08:00hrs 09 March 2018 18:00hrs 181 WSS F I Grain

In that case, I would think they would have some sort of city transfer shuttle. There will also be taxi's on hand.

We were at Grain Terminal last March on QM2, a good half hour shuttle bus ride from there to Brisvegas CBD. Cunard put the shuttles on for nowt. One would think Azamara shuttles would be free, considering the large amount of money the pax pay to cruise with them.

The Multi Purpose Grain Terminal is not the ideal berth for visiting international pax.:oAn embarrassment really. Suffice to say the world cruising Cunarders on QM2 were not overly impressed.

We were at Grain Terminal last March on QM2, a good half hour shuttle bus ride from there to Brisvegas CBD. Cunard put the shuttles on for nowt. One would think Azamara shuttles would be free, considering the large amount of money the pax pay to cruise with them.

The Multi Purpose Grain Terminal is not the ideal berth for visiting international pax.:oAn embarrassment really. Suffice to say the world cruising Cunarders on QM2 were not overly impressed.

I agree it is not a nice area to dock but it is still better than many overseas ports. At least it has a tent and covered walkway.

Pity the Brisbane City Council are too short sighted to put on a temporary public transport bus service from the Grain Terminal to the city on cruise days at a decent price, eg $10 all day on public transport like Adelaide. I lot of people don't get off visiting cruise ships when they dock at the Grain Terminal because of the expense of a round trip to the CBD.

Good on the cruise lines that do put on a free shuttle but surely the Brisbane City Council should provide the service to bring tourists in to Brisbane. They spend enough elsewhere in the name of tourism.

In Adelaide you dock at Outer Harbour and there is a train station about 100m from the wharf. There you purchase a one day Cruise Passenger Metro Card for $10 which gives you unlimited travel for the day on the Adelaide Public Transport system, ie. buses, trains and trams.

In Adelaide you dock at Outer Harbour and there is a train station about 100m from the wharf. There you purchase a one day Cruise Passenger Metro Card for $10 which gives you unlimited travel for the day on the Adelaide Public Transport system, ie. buses, trains and trams.

We were there earlier this month and it was free for Seniors Card Holders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, we produced our NSW Seniors Card as we don't have Centrelink Concession Cards. Free travel on Adelaide public transport. They look after the old folk in S.A.:halo:

If you hold an Australian Seniors Card you can get free travel on SA public transport between 9am and 3pm and between 7pm and 7am and concession fares in peak times but you have to get the seniors ticket from the Metro office in the CBD or the information counter at the airport. The Cruise Passenger Metro Card is for all visiting cruise passengers irrespective of age.

The rail service to Outer Harbour was stopped for a considerable time, not sure how long but it was months, for repairs to the line so once it was opened again the SA Government made travel on that line free for a limited time as compensation. I know when we visited at the end on January 2018 the free period was still going.

I think there is a reciprocal Seniors Card agreement between Australia and New Zealand, so the Kiwi Seniors should get the same discounts.

If you hold an Australian Seniors Card you can get free travel on SA public transport between 9am and 3pm and between 7pm and 7am and concession fares in peak times but you have to get the seniors ticket from the Metro office in the CBD or the information counter at the airport. The Cruise Passenger Metro Card is for all visiting cruise passengers irrespective of age.

The rail service to Outer Harbour was stopped for a considerable time, not sure how long but it was months, for repairs to the line so once it was opened again the SA Government made travel on that line free for a limited time as compensation. I know when we visited at the end on January 2018 the free period was still going.

I think there is a reciprocal Seniors Card agreement between Australia and New Zealand, so the Kiwi Seniors should get the same discounts.

We should give the Kiwi Seniors free/cheap travel then, after all NZ is really part of Straya.

:rolleyes::o Stand by for incoming from across the 'dutch.' Watch out for the NZ Navy in their floating 'Chully Buns.' :eek:

Correct, we produced our NSW Seniors Card as we don't have Centrelink Concession Cards. Free travel on Adelaide public transport. They look after the old folk in S.A.:halo:

South Australia and Adelaide in particular is a very nice place to visit and to live. As good as Canberra and in many ways better.