Can you request a different PVP???

LCTXcruiser

I was reading a thread and someone said jokingly "fire your PVP". Got me to thinking.... can I request a different PVP? I had a great one for years and he would only call me when there was a really good deal. He always found me the best rooms... really a great PVP. Now I have one that calls me everytime I look online (every single day!). She's so worried about selling that she doesn't listen to what I'm looking for. Also, the major turn off was the last time I called her she told me " I have 13,000 customers, so when I call you, you need to call me back right away". I was thinking to myself, if you have 13k customers, how do you have time to call me everyday? I'm just not a fan.

Suggestions?

PVP = Personal Vacation Planner. He or she is a sales rep from carnival. Typically after you’ve cruised with them 2or more times and you enter VIFP number on Carnival's site, one will contact you about booking. Almost like a travel agent but you must remember that they work for Carnival so know where their loyalty lies. I have got decent deals with my PVP but I would never put up with “...when I call you need to call back...”

Sorry, ignorant here. What is a PVP?

Personal Vacation Planner. They work at Carnival. It’s nice to be able to use one person to handle everything. Mine has been there since 1992 and really knows his stuff. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly just like any customer service position. Once you find the perfect one you won’t use any other way to book.

Yes you can. Just don't post on any facebook groups!!

A month or so ago I contacted my PVP by email a couple of times and she did not respond. I posted on a CLOSED GROUP facebook cruising page that I was looking for recommendations for a new PVP as I had tried to get in touch with mine and wasn't getting an answer. I gave NO INFO about who the PVP was. Since it's facebook my name was there with my post and a PVP took it upon herself to look me up in Carnival's system who the PVP was, called her and told her! She then contacted me and had the nerve to tell me she is a fantastic PVP and has done so much for me and basically scold me. I told her I found the whole thing very stalkerish.

Yes you can. Just don't post on any facebook groups!!

A month or so ago I contacted my PVP by email a couple of times and she did not respond. I posted on a CLOSED GROUP facebook cruising page that I was looking for recommendations for a new PVP as I had tried to get in touch with mine and wasn't getting an answer. I gave NO INFO about who the PVP was. Since it's facebook my name was there with my post and a PVP took it upon herself to look me up in Carnival's system who the PVP was, called her and told her! She then contacted me and had the nerve to tell me she is a fantastic PVP and has done so much for me and basically scold me. I told her I found the whole thing very stalkerish.

Wow she had a chance to fix your relationship and she acted like a jerk.

I was reading a thread and someone said jokingly "fire your PVP". Got me to thinking.... can I request a different PVP? I had a great one for years and he would only call me when there was a really good deal. He always found me the best rooms... really a great PVP. Now I have one that calls me everytime I look online (every single day!). She's so worried about selling that she doesn't listen to what I'm looking for. Also, the major turn off was the last time I called her she told me " I have 13,000 customers, so when I call you, you need to call me back right away". I was thinking to myself, if you have 13k customers, how do you have time to call me everyday? I'm just not a fan.

Suggestions?

You don't need one at all , they are a pain.

I used to think that too! :D However, I've learned that the PVP's seem to know the ships better than anyone. They were able to put us in a larger room at the same price as a regular interior (more than once). He would also call me as soon as he saw one of the "to good to be true" cruises.... 100.00 per person plus port fees, so we'd be able to book it right away before it sold out. They do have their value!

Personal Vacation Planner. They work at Carnival. It’s nice to be able to use one person to handle everything. Mine has been there since 1992 and really knows his stuff. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly just like any customer service position. Once you find the perfect one you won’t use any other way to book.

I have a friend that's been really happy with hers. I'll give her a call. I want one that's going to be there when I need them :).

Edited by LCTXcruiser

I have a fantastic PVP, that I have had for years. He calls me prior to cruising to make sure I have everything I need. He has called to remind me of final payment and he always calls after I have cruised to get my take on the ship, any excursions I have taken and any recommendations. He also lets me know of any deals coming up. Great guy

After I had five calls in three days I called back and asked for a Supervisor. My profile is now flagged "Do not call". I have never used a PVP and probably never will. I use a TA or book online or through the reservation line.

I know what I want, when, what ship and what type of cabin. I will call the reservation line before I book online to see if there is a cabin available that is not showing on the website. (i.e. aft balcony, wrap)

I would suggest not using a PVP but look for travel agent recommendations. It's up to you. After 50+ cruises you will be able to book on your own. :)

Take care,

Mike

After I had five calls in three days I called back and asked for a Supervisor. My profile is now flagged "Do not call". I have never used a PVP and probably never will. I use a TA or book online or through the reservation line.

I know what I want, when, what ship and what type of cabin. I will call the reservation line before I book online to see if there is a cabin available that is not showing on the website. (i.e. aft balcony, wrap)

I would suggest not using a PVP but look for travel agent recommendations. It's up to you. After 50+ cruises you will be able to book on your own. :)

Take care,

Mike

But when you have a problem that is not easy to solve nice to have someone at Carnival at your side

Take care,

Mike

I know what I want when I want it too and have booked every way possible. I’m sticking with my PVP. He has handled issues that came up with only one phone call and he gives me the right info unlike a lot of the ding-dongs at the 800 number. He hasn’t been working there for 26 years by not knowing what he’s doing or giving bad customer service. Wouldn’t trade him for a free Cheers package.

I know what I want when I want it too and have booked every way possible. I’m sticking with my PVP. He has handled issues that came up with only one phone call and he gives me the right info unlike a lot of the ding-dongs at the 800 number. He hasn’t been working there for 26 years by not knowing what he’s doing or giving bad customer service. Wouldn’t trade him for a free Cheers package.

Wow not even for a free cheers package:)

We had one call after our 4th cruise. She called and text once each. I called her 3 times and left messages. I finally booked my 3 rooms for the 7 of us online :(

I was not going to o get 3 balconies side by side waiting on her.

i fired one! he booked 2 cruises for me and was great but after that became super passive aggressive about booking the next one.

Finally i said to him..." dont you think if i had time off and money i would go ahead and book. Dont call me again." He was stalking the **** out of me.

I then called and got a different pvp when i WAS READY to book. His name was Matt. VERY professional, never had a single problem at all. And really enjoyed him. He does not work there anymore so this time i just called carnival and booked with a booking person, not a pvp. No issues.