Staying in Cancun 6 days suggestions?

Derbie

I have spent a day in Cancun with a cruise line. This time, we are going to stay six days at an all inclusive resort. We will have a medium tight budget; although, we want to do some things outside of the resort. We like history, fun, some shopping, art; and of course, lounging about! Any and/all suggestions are so very welcome!

Thanks, Derbie

You will get much more help with this question on the Cancun forum on tripadvisor dot com, cc's sister site.

We like staying at the RIU Cancun because we can walk to the bars and shopping, and it's a nice resort and not too pricey. We also stay at the RIU Palace Las Americas which is a step up, if you stay there you can have access to the other RIU properties including Cancun and Caribe. This section of the hotel zone allows easy walking to places as mentioned. But the bus system is excellent and very cheap. You can also take the ADO bus to Playa Del Carmen for the day.

If looking for something less expensive there are many choices, just search using Expedia or another site, and rely on reviews on TA for details on the resorts.

Good luck!

Edited by blue_water

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have spent a day in Cancun with a cruise line. This time, we are going to stay six days at an all inclusive resort. We will have a medium tight budget; although, we want to do some things outside of the resort. We like history, fun, some shopping, art; and of course, lounging about! Any and/all suggestions are so very welcome!

Thanks, Derbie

There will probably be tours on offer (or you can arrange your own with, maybe, Yucatreks) to various ruins: Chichen Itza, Ek Balam, Coba and Tulum for example.

Colonial town of Valladolid (about 2 hours away)

Nature tours into the Sian Ka"an biosphere south of Tulum

There are the amusement parks: XelHa, etc.

There are cenotes to visit, swim, snorkel, dive, all over the Yucatan peninsula.

Cheap shopping, and some better, on 5th in Playa del Carmen, and lots of restaurants, some beachside

Fishing in Puerto Morelos

You can figure that any big bus tour on offer at a resort is going to be U$100 per person per day.

Edited by VidaNaPraia

• 3 months later...

Been to Cancun many times so for some Beach and shopping and a day of it Playa del carmen. You can get there by bus very easy to do.

Catamaran trip to Isla Mujeres great tour, drinks , food and a stop at this island.

Ruins i found the Tulum ruins kind of not enough for me even though its a breathtaking view. I enjoyed Chechin Itsa and Coba better. you stop at a little town in a different state. I like that experience better.

What are you looking for? If you are staying at the hotel zone, you can take a bus to downtown, all the drivers would get a few words in English and if you ask them to leave you in certain place, they would do it... You can take a bus, get down in "Chedrahui" and walk to get to Parque de las Palapas, you can walk around a bit and get the local vibe.. then you can walk back where you left the bus and ask anyone for the Mercado 28, you can purchase there souvenirs or just have lunch... another option is to take the bus to Playa del Carmen (ADO bus station) walk through the 5th ave. many good restaurants... if you have more budget, you can try any of the parks... XelHa, XPlor, Xcaret, Rio Secreto.... I enjoyed more Xplor and Rio Secreto, but hey, it's just me and I like adventure... must of the parks include transportation from Cancun to the park. More adventure? Rent a car and go to Puerto Morelos, you can download a map and go to several "cenotes" that are close to Puerto Morelos.