Oasis Allure Boardwalk Balcony cabins Noisy or Not?

Are the Oasis Allure Boardwalk Balcony cabins noisy?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Oasis Allure Boardwalk Balcony cabins noisy?

• Yes they are noisy
    • No they are not

Here are some pictures of the view from the balcony from 12329 on Allure (aft-most Boardwalk view stateroom):

View of the Ocean

787.jpg

Watching Aqua Theater from our Balcony:

783.jpg

View of the Boardwalk:

752.jpg

Balcony Furniture:

760.jpg

Maybe bring a noise machine? I have a small one that I sleep with at night and it blocks out most noise.

Just download a white noise app to your phone or tablet....no need to bring an extra device.

If you have the option, set it to pink-noise, which has been clinically shown to make sleeping easier.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8340228

We were on the Oasis in cabin 14301 last week, which is the highest deck with a Boardwalk Balcony. It was very noisy. We were below the teen club and they tended to hang out outside till curfew at 1 a.m. We could also hear the noise from the sports courts. They were very, very noisy. The last night was the worst. Screaming and hollering.

It might be better when it is not spring break though.

It was cool watching people on the zip line.

The boardwalk is my favorite, deck 9 or 10 far better and as mentioned as far to the aquatheater as possible. We go to bed early and sleep until 9ish. You will hear faint noise if there is a show at the theater, but other than that, when the activity starts on the boardwalk, we are normally awake and enjoying all the people watching on the boardwalk. We find the oceanview balconies boring, but we are from fort lauderdale and see the water all the time anyway.

• 3 years later...

It all depends on your location. When I was on the Allure two years ago I had B2 cabin 8707 on Deck 8. This room was almost directly above the carousel, which meant constant ringing of the bell with the noise traveling into my cabin. While I was still able to faintly hear it with the balcony door closed, I believe that was only due to my close proximity, as I was also on the lowest deck of BW balcony cabins. I have heard recommendations to go as far aft as possible, as those are closer to the AquaTheater and the noise usually doesn't last late into the night- this was also the case with the bell, so being a heavy sleeper on cruises, this trip was no exception as it was quiet at night. It is also commonly stated on here to try to go for Deck 10-11 as these are not too high and not too low, therefore you are getting minimal noise from the Boardwalk below and Sports Deck above. That makes sense to me, although I cannot comment personally as I have not stayed in a BW balcony on either of those decks. That being said, I did love my cabin and would stay in it again in a heartbeat, as I loved the views of the action. I'm going on Harmony in April and am booked in C2 cabin 10207 on Deck 10 with a balcony view of Central Park, so this time around I get the serene view, which I also suspect I will very much enjoy. That way I can say I've stayed in cabins with views of both of the unique neighborhoods. Hope this helped!

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

We were in 10327 on Oasis. We did not find it noisy at all. We found that with the door latched and drspes closed we did not hear any outside noise.

Just noticed the original dates (2013) on this thread after I posted! :eek:

Edited by perfect match

• 1 year later...

I was torn on voting as we stayed in Cabin 9325 and I didn't think the noise coming from the boardwalk area was loud at all especially with the balcony door closed and locked with the exception of the last night we were aboard there was a group of about 15-20 kids sitting directly below our cabin on the boardwalk and were playing music on a Bluetooth speaker and were laughing and yelling but this was a one time deal and it didn't really bother us to bad. But...... This was an adjoining cabin to 9323 and I have never been in a cabin where I could hear EVERY conversation from the cabin next door. It was terrible and I was very unhappy with the amount of noise we heard from there cabin. I will NEVER stay in another adjoining room again unless we go with our children and even then I don't know if we will. It was unbelievably loud.

I am thinking of trying one of the Boarwalk balcony cabins as far back as possible in order to sea the ocean but I am reading conflicting reports on them being noisy.

I am a light sleeper and not a late night person.

So the question is are they noisy?? or not??:) Thanks

I’m a very light sleeper, so I was really nervous about our BW balcony on the Allure. We absolutely loved it!! And actually liked it even more than an ocean view balcony, since we felt like we got the best of both worlds - a sea view while still being part of the ship and people watching. When we closed the balcony door we couldn’t hear any noise from outside, with one exception - the aqua theater show. Which we loved, since we got to watch it a bunch of times from our balcony, including rehearsals, which was super cool.

So since you don’t stay up late I’d suggest you check at what time the second aqua theater show is over (I think it’s over by 11:30 PM), and if that’s not too late for you you’re good to go. Also, get a room closer to the aqua theater both for the nicer sea view and also there’s late music in Dazzles that it seemed to me would be bothersome to the rooms closer to the Boardwalk entrance.

We were on deck 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am thinking of trying one of the Boarwalk balcony cabins as far back as possible in order to sea the ocean but I am reading conflicting reports on them being noisy.

I am a light sleeper and not a late night person.

So the question is are they noisy?? or not??:) Thanks

Yes I would suggest a central park view if you are budget minded Have had them three times and have been very happy! Quiet and restful view

• 3 weeks later...
Its been a few years but when we stayed in 8727 boardwalk balcony we had no issues . Loved being able to watch shows from balcony and planning on it again in Oct. 2019

This was sooo helpful! We are staying in that cabin 8/19!

So excited for a Boardwalk room on Symphony as they seem like tons of fun and are different....but I have to admit that the noise comments make me wonder if it was a bad choice. We don't care about daytime noise...just more at night when ready for bed (coming with 2 kids so in bed by 10 or 11pm). We're about midway down. But the rooms do fill up so they are popular, and we don't care about watching the ocean for hours on end (vs people watching will be fun). Hoping its a good choice.

There is no question it's loud inside boardwalk balcony cabins at night. Voting that it isn't loud because you're not there to hear it doesn't mean it isn't loud. Voting that it isn't noisy because the noise doesnt bother you doesnt mean it isn't noisy.

The aquatheater has shows that start as late as like 10pm so depending on when you might want to go to sleep the notice may not be an issue for it but make no mistake about it, its loud. Part of the pre-show for Ocean Aria includes purposely getting the crowd to yell pretty much as loud as they can. It's noisy, there're no way around it.

Cabin 12303..yes, definitely noisy.

33806421_1716772768411407_8881328452083384320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8481e060634e37b62ea66d7183a0ede8&oe=5BE7EB02

I was torn on voting as we stayed in Cabin 9325 and I didn't think the noise coming from the boardwalk area was loud at all especially with the balcony door closed and locked with the exception of the last night we were aboard there was a group of about 15-20 kids sitting directly below our cabin on the boardwalk and were playing music on a Bluetooth speaker and were laughing and yelling but this was a one time deal and it didn't really bother us to bad. But...... This was an adjoining cabin to 9323 and I have never been in a cabin where I could hear EVERY conversation from the cabin next door. It was terrible and I was very unhappy with the amount of noise we heard from there cabin. I will NEVER stay in another adjoining room again unless we go with our children and even then I don't know if we will. It was unbelievably loud.

Thanks for that info. We're in 9325 in November. My 3 teens will be in 9323.

We were in 8729 boardwalk balcony a few years ago and loved it and booked 8727 boardwalk balcony again for 2019 . Love to sit on balcony and watch Aqua shows and people watch on boardwalk.

Nice but it is noisy. Even in your cabin. If you mind noise other options might work better for some