Vote: Which is your favorite river cruise line?

My favorite river cruise line is....  

503 members have voted

1. 1. My favorite river cruise line is....

• Avalon Waterways
    • Scenic
    • Viking River
    • Tauck
    • AMAWaterways
    • American Cruise Line (Queen of the Mississippi)
    • Uniworld
    • Grand Circle
    • American Queen Steamboat
    • A-ROSA
    • Don't know yet; I'm a river cruise virgin.

I disagree.

A river cruise is not inexpensive. For us, the line matters as much as the itinerary. We know what we enjoy and what is important to us and would not choose to cruise with a line that does not appeal to us, no matter the itinerary. Too much time and money are invested in these trips to compromise.

For us, after 6 river cruises, the devil is in the details and we choose based on our own priorities.

I disagree too. We were burned on the Viking Clara Schumman on the Elbe with a very uncomfortable bed arrangement, I had assumed all is good and did not look closely at the cabin layout or call about the bed lengths ( I am 6'8").

I disagree.

A river cruise is not inexpensive. For us, the line matters as much as the itinerary. We know what we enjoy and what is important to us and would not choose to cruise with a line that does not appeal to us, no matter the itinerary. Too much time and money are invested in these trips to compromise.

For us, after 6 river cruises, the devil is in the details and we choose based on our own priorities.

hi

new here to river cruising ... what lines have you cruised with ?

I disagree too. We were burned on the Viking Clara Schumman on the Elbe with a very uncomfortable bed arrangement, I had assumed all is good and did not look closely at the cabin layout or call about the bed lengths ( I am 6'8").

I have seen some of those cabins and would never spend a night in one, let alone a week. Nor would I spend my time and money on some of the boats I have been docked near/crossed through/been side by side with while cruising the rivers.

We all have different priorities when it comes to travel and the most important thing is to make sure the line/boat/itinerary/price we choose meets those as closely as possible.

• 1 year later...

We did the Viking River Cruise on Rhine, Main & Danube Rivers from Amsterdam to Budapest. WE LOVED IT! The land tours were wonderful. We especially liked that our "guides" had radios that we were also connect to so each group could hear its own guide speaking. The food was fantastic, the crew was very friendly. We would love to do more Viking River cruises.