Calabaza excursion

cnjoy26

Hi! Currently planning a March 10th 2019 cruise and we are planning to go on the Calabaza sailing cruise for the lunch tour. Due to it being so early still and we have a group of 11, we’re still unsure who is going on this excursion and who is not.

My question is- how early did you book/how early do you think I need to book before it sells out? I know you can just book online and see what is available so yes I realize I could just keep checking every week but was just wondering how close to the cruise you booked or if you have a suggestion on when I should book by for fear of selling out.

Sorry for all the questions-Thanks for all the info guys-I realize I could just ask the tour company but didn’t want to bug them if I could find the answer here! Thanks again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! Currently planning a March 10th 2019 cruise and we are planning to go on the Calabaza sailing cruise for the lunch tour. Due to it being so early still and we have a group of 11, we’re still unsure who is going on this excursion and who is not.

My question is- how early did you book/how early do you think I need to book before it sells out? I know you can just book online and see what is available so yes I realize I could just keep checking every week but was just wondering how close to the cruise you booked or if you have a suggestion on when I should book by for fear of selling out.

Sorry for all the questions-Thanks for all the info guys-I realize I could just ask the tour company but didn’t want to bug them if I could find the answer here! Thanks again!!!

I tried to book for our Jan 2019 cruise in Dec and it was sold out (over a year out). I am currently wait listed,but am looking at other options.

Book as soon as you can -- the have 2 Catamarans and only take around 12 on each.

Just returned from a Lunch Cruise. Absolutely one of the best excursions we have ever had, Sean and his crew were very attentive and the whole experience was top notch.

We don't normally say this but based on our experience it is a DO OVER next time we are in Barbados

• 1 month later...

Just a warning-if you are not a good swimmer they do not watch! DH had a very bad experience. When I told the head office they did say they gave the crew their walking papers because it was unacceptable. But DH will no longer go on a cat. I told the crew he needed to be watched, and we have swim all over the world but this time the crew was not what we had hoped for. just saying.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a warning-if you are not a good swimmer they do not watch! DH had a very bad experience. When I told the head office they did say they gave the crew their walking papers because it was unacceptable. But DH will no longer go on a cat. I told the crew he needed to be watched, and we have swim all over the world but this time the crew was not what we had hoped for. just saying.
I've seen your comment on several threads. May I ask what the bad experience entailed? I am taking my mother on a cat in the near future. I will be watching her myself but I wondered if you could expound on your experience please.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

We sailed with Calabaza 3 years ago with our kids and it was a great experience. I recommend booking as early as possible. If they are unavailable you can try Silver Moon. We are sailing Silver Moon this year as a private charter and will be able to provide personal review and comparison of the 2 companies when we return in April.

Had a great experience with them. We had an older women on our excursion that was inexperienced in snorkeling and the one crew member had her hold onto a rope that he was pulling and kept her with him. She was so excited !

it’s always great to ask questions of people who have experienced the excursion

• 2 weeks later...

I would book as soon as possible, as others have said. We did this on a previous cruise and enjoyed it so much that we already booked again for our December cruise this year.

A suggestion when booking with groups that I learned over the years - let everyone know about the excursion and that several are interested and each person / family group needs to book their own. Those that are truly interested in going can book now. Those that aren’t sure, or don’t like to plan ahead, can take a chance and book later if they want to. If you wait for everyone to make a decision they likely will be booked and everyone will miss out.

When we were on our last cruise in December 2014, between Christmas and New Years (RCCL Southern Caribbean), I tried to book Calabaza in June 2014, but they were sold out. We ended up sailing with Silver Moon (who Calabaza recommended) and had a fabulous time. It was one of the best tours that we have ever been on.

We will be on another Southern Caribbean cruise next week (love the itinerary!) and have reservations with Calabaza this time. We will be able to give a comparative review when we return.

I would book as soon as possible....you don't want to be disappointed.

Edited by soleil1995
edit

• 11 months later...