How Many Have Booked River Cruise for 2007 and where?

cruisingmimi

May 31st on Amadeus Tolstoy to Russia.

I went with Amadeus because it was a tad longer then Viking and they gave me a much better price. I would have considered Avalon but they don't have their Russian itineraries up for next year and I didn't want to wait (my sailing was filling up).

We have booked Budapest to Amsterdam for July 7,2007. I chose Avalon because I have taken several coach tours with Globus and always been very happy with them.In doing my research I could not find anyone who had anything negative to say about Avalon. This cruise is already 3/4 full.

We booked Amadeus Blue Danube Discovery for Sept 2007 (Budapest-Prague.) It had a 14 day itinerary and a brand new ship with lots of amenities. Based on the reviews and research, Amadeus seemed to fit our needs. This is our first river cruise and we are looking forward to it!

We booked the Vantage River Discovery, September 2007, Black Sea to Amsterdam to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary!

It is a new vessel, covers a portion of Eastern Europe we have not experienced, and wanted something new and special to celebrate a special time.:D

Cindy

We're booked for Southern France mid June of 2007. My mother in law actually booked it for everyone. She's taking me & hubby, SiL & BiL and herself. It's a group tour as well so it should be interesting. I think hubby and I are doing 3 days in Paris before the cruise. :)

We have booked Uniworld's Nile and Viking's Berlin to Prague. If Avalon ever gets the new ship done, then Russia also.

Pacmom - do you think Avalon is better than Amadeus for Russia? I would have considered Avalon but the ship isn't listed and I was afraid Amadeus would sell out. I hope I am making the right decision going with Amadeus. I liked what I read about Avalon. I am so new to river cruises...

We have booked Amsterdam to Budapest Sept 17,2006 - yes, only four more days before we fly to London England to spend a couple days before going on to Amsterdam. We are on the Amadagio, we booked through Brendan Tours. There was going to be six of us, but now only four, but we'll have all the fun none-the-less.

Buck

We haven't booked yet, but ourselves and a group of friends are planning to book Uniworld's Douro River (Portugal) cruise in May 2007. Many of us have travel Europe extensively either on land or river cruises but Portugal, especially the Douro River, is an unexplored region for all of us. Also, all of us have an interest in wine and winemaking.

Hello from "mediaman,"

I will also be travelling from Amsterdam to Budapest on April 27, 2007; going with Gate1. A recent check of their website seems to show a change of ship? It is/was listed as the Johann Strauss but another ship (smaller) is shown with a departure on the same date and itinerary. I can sign in to the website but I cannot look into my reservation. An inquiry produced a tart reply that access is only for agents.

The prices were quite reasonable and the itinerary showed minor variations from others that I liked better. For single travel it was also better. My T.A. says that they are no problem. Searching online reviews I find that there is either a great review or a poor one. Many websites suggest to be careful with economy river cruises as you may find many added charges. Certainly the tipping is somewhat different than on ocean cruises. I find that the suggested amounts are rather high. Also, there are some European river cruises showing the same amounts in Euros instead of US Dollars! That's a sharp increase with the currently, weak US Dollar vs. the Euro.

first we thought to book a Christmas Cruise but then a cruise along the Russian waterways became more and more attractive. After some research and reading we booked a cruise on the TOLSTOY from Moscow to St. Petersburg in September 2007. We booked the later date, knowing that the temperatures will be lower but also knowing that there will fewer mosquitos attacking us. This is our second cruise with Amadeus, who made our first European river cruise an unforgettable experience and we booked again through uet.com who offered us again a marvelous deal we could not refuse.

Archived