Hop on hop off tours


Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:35 PM.
#1
South Lincolnshire
1,358 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
On QE at moment, and we can book hobo buses on board and charge to on board account. Never seen this before!
First time in Queens Grill, absolute bliss, and a window table too, calm sea sunny and bright at the moment.
#2
Vale of Glamorgan
3,633 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Thanks for the update, enjoy the rest of your trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
#3
uk
165 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by Adammara
On QE at moment, and we can book hobo buses on board and charge to on board account. Never seen this before!
First time in Queens Grill, absolute bliss, and a window table too, calm sea sunny and bright at the moment.
did this on QE in Gran Canaria last cruise in Nov
#4
London, UK
583 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Great news as we are embarking on QE next week for a Canaries cruise. If possible please let us know what tours are available and the costs (presumably in $s rather than in €s if we booked onshore).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
1990 Black Prince
1999 Club Med 2
2001 Seabourn Pride, Caronia
2002 Silver Whisper, Seven Seas Mariner
2003 Seabourn Spirit, Seven Seas Navigator, Radisson Song of Flower
2004 Silver Wind, Seadream 1, Pandaw II
2005 Seabourn Pride
2006 Seabourn Legend
2007 Seabourn Legend, Galapagos Explorer, Le Diament
2008 Silver Wind, Crystal Serenity, Road to Mandalay
2009 Seven Seas Navigator, Silver Shadow
2010 Crystal Symphony, Seven Seas Mariner, Silver Spirit
2011 Crystal Symphony, Seabourn Spirit,
2012 Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Odyssey,
2013 Mekong Explorer, Scenic Emerald, Seven Seas Voyager
2014 Seabourn Quest, Seven Seas Mariner, Seven Seas Voyager
2015 Tauck Insignia, Seabourn Odyssey
2016 Seven Seas Navigator, Tauck Emerald
2017 Seabourn Encore, Seven Seas Explorer
#5
uk
165 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by eliana
Great news as we are embarking on QE next week for a Canaries cruise. If possible please let us know what tours are available and the costs (presumably in $s rather than in €s if we booked onshore).
23$cost of bus on board, 50 yards from ship best stop is cathedral 1:5€ 4 lift up tower also sit right side of top deck 4 superb view of harbour 20 € price on bus
#6
London, UK
583 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Cost in Dollars equates to that in Euros, which is good. Where were you?
Could you get the same bus without booking on board?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
1990 Black Prince
1999 Club Med 2
2001 Seabourn Pride, Caronia
2002 Silver Whisper, Seven Seas Mariner
2003 Seabourn Spirit, Seven Seas Navigator, Radisson Song of Flower
2004 Silver Wind, Seadream 1, Pandaw II
2005 Seabourn Pride
2006 Seabourn Legend
2007 Seabourn Legend, Galapagos Explorer, Le Diament
2008 Silver Wind, Crystal Serenity, Road to Mandalay
2009 Seven Seas Navigator, Silver Shadow
2010 Crystal Symphony, Seven Seas Mariner, Silver Spirit
2011 Crystal Symphony, Seabourn Spirit,
2012 Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Odyssey,
2013 Mekong Explorer, Scenic Emerald, Seven Seas Voyager
2014 Seabourn Quest, Seven Seas Mariner, Seven Seas Voyager
2015 Tauck Insignia, Seabourn Odyssey
2016 Seven Seas Navigator, Tauck Emerald
2017 Seabourn Encore, Seven Seas Explorer
#7
uk
165 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by eliana
Cost in Dollars equates to that in Euros, which is good. Where were you? Las Palmas Gran Canaria
Could you get the same bus without booking on board?
same bus red City Bus you will see it from ship seems to go on the hour
#8
Muscat/Oman, Abu Dhabi/UAE and Sydney/Australia
826 Posts
Joined May 2011
I think there is absolutely no need to pre book any HoHo bus, either on line or on board. The bus company operators are clever enough to make sure their buses are extremely close to the ships and buying tickets right then and there is easy.
They tend to operate in many different cities and the RED bus company at least gives you a discount in the next city when you show them your old ticket.
Also it seems to be pretty standard that when you buy a ticket from 3 pm, you can use it all the next day.
I usually give my ticket to somebody else when we are done with sightseeing in the afternoon. It helps some backpackers who would otherwise perhaps not be able to enjoy the experience..
#9
uk
165 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by buchhalm
I think there is absolutely no need to pre book any HoHo bus, either on line or on board. The bus company operators are clever enough to make sure their buses are extremely close to the ships and buying tickets right then and there is easy.
They tend to operate in many different cities and the RED bus company at least gives you a discount in the next city when you show them your old ticket.
Also it seems to be pretty standard that when you buy a ticket from 3 pm, you can use it all the next day.
I usually give my ticket to somebody else when we are done with sightseeing in the afternoon. It helps some backpackers who would otherwise perhaps not be able to enjoy the experience..
when you can use your OBC as we did and get the ride for free it is most certainly a good deal, not much point buying ticket at 1500 when ship leaves at 1700