Canapes in the bars

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:36 PM.
Riding the Ocean Waves
1,342 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by Pennbank
That I appreciate, however there was no health alert and Canapés had been withdrawn and replaced with Pork scratchings and Olives in a small white dish in The Commodore Club on QM2 during the Two weeks.
Although they probably are not needed so close to Dinner, they were a nice touch and formed the bases of meeting up in that particular bar prior to dinner.
Photo of new "Canapés" (Pork Scratchings and Olives) in Commodore Club QM2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2298.jpg (66.2 KB, 130 views)
UK
1,997 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
And if you are vegetarian/don't eat pork? Is this another revenue saver? At what point does the passenger say 'enough is enough' and votes with his feet, defecting to another line? High bar prices, poor canapés are the thin end of the wedge.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
2017Eastbound T/A - Cunard. 2016 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Bahamas & Florida - NCL: 2015 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2014 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Norway/Iceland - P&O: 2013 Canary Islands - NCL: 2011 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2011 Southern T/A - Celebrity: 2011 Australasia - Princess: 2009 Australia/New Zealand - Royal Caribbean: 2005 Norway - Louis Line: 2004 Alaska - Celebrity: 2000 Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean
Vale of Glamorgan
3,633 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I am quite partial to a well made pork scratching but they do seem more Golden Lion than Commodore Club.

It won't be enough to send me to a different cruise line though !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
essex uk and calabria italy
879 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Pennbank
Photo of new "Canapés" (Pork Scratchings and Olives) in Commodore Club QM2
They are having a laugh surely.What's next,sawdust on the floor,lol.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,633 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Thanks for the update Colin, I hope you're having a great trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Vale of Glamorgan
3,633 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by Colin_Cameron
It's not the same without your company, of course. But we're making the best of it

Colin.
Good to hear it, I'm only a tiny bit jealous.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature