Canapes in the bars

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:39 PM.
51 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
I have just read a posting on another site that says Cunard have stopped serving canapes in the bars.Is this correct? Does anyone have recent experience.We are on the Queen Mary to Sydney in January and hope the rumour is false !
Vale of Glamorgan
3,633 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Which ship & which bar is this supposed to have happened ?
RemPuck mentioned the canapes in the Commodore Club in his review of the most recently completed crossing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Solihull, England
84 Posts
Joined May 2007
Last month I didn't see any canapes in the Commodore Club or Chart Room on QM2 between around 7 and 7.30pm - just crisps or nuts.
462 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
They were still serving them just over 3 months ago in the Commodore Club - really good ones too, if they have stopped it as part of a cost cutting measure it would be a really bad sign.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lancashire
317 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
We had canapés in the Gin & Fizz Bar on QV in August. Never get anything in the Queens Room though

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

=http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk][/url]g
Chicago - United States
66 Posts
Joined May 2014
I was on QM2 last week and we had a small plate of cold canapés (toasts with cheese or veggies or shrimp, etc) and hot canapés (crab cakes, spring rolls, chicken skewers, etc) in the Commodore Club each evening around 7:45-8:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
berkshire
1,162 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Alanxx
I have just read a posting on another site that says Cunard have stopped serving canapes in the bars.Is this correct? Does anyone have recent experience.We are on the Queen Mary to Sydney in January and hope the rumour is false !
Canapés hot & cold are still offered in the commodore bar QM2. I've just spent almost 28 days crossing back and forth across the atlantic in the last month ( I disembarked 14th Sept)..... nuts & crisps ( chips) are also offered and are available from 5pm , however, the service of 'Hot Canapés' is only between 7.45pm -8pm, and only one pass around.

Cold Canapés only are served in the Chart Room between 5pm-8pm
the offer of nuts & crisps are offered ( or available when requested throughout the entire evening)

Take no notice of false rumours Cunard have no intention of removing Canapés.
berkshire
1,162 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by tiggis
Last month I didn't see any canapes in the Commodore Club or Chart Room on QM2 between around 7 and 7.30pm - just crisps or nuts.

So did you just sit there and not request any.
San Francisco, CA
1,125 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
Originally posted by Bell Boy
Canapés hot & cold are still offered in the commodore bar QM2. I've just spent almost 28 days crossing back and forth across the atlantic in the last month ( I disembarked 14th Sept)..... nuts & crisps ( chips) are also offered and are available from 5pm , however, the service of 'Hot Canapés' is only between 7.45pm -8pm, and only one pass around.

the offer of nuts & crisps are offered ( or available when requested throughout the entire evening)
In May, they circulated with the hot canapes (chicken on a stick, shrimp, etc.) around 5:30-6:00. It nicely coincided with our daily Friends of Dorothy get-together in the Commodore Club.

-Mark
berkshire
1,162 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by MarkBearSF
In May, they circulated with the hot canapes (chicken on a stick, shrimp, etc.) around 5:30-6:00. It nicely coincided with our daily Friends of Dorothy get-together in the Commodore Club.

-Mark

Good to see the Commodore staff are on the ball and pro- active Mark. After all, those early 5pm meetings are a good source of bar revenue, not only for Cunard but also for the crew members who are working there.
Riding the Ocean Waves
1,342 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Good to see the Commodore staff are on the ball and pro- active Mark. After all, those early 5pm meetings are a good source of bar revenue, not only for Cunard but also for the crew members who are working there.
Canapés at that time is not done soley for the finale of the Dorothy meeting, but offered for early diners who choose to have drink in The Commodore Club ! Same as Canapés served again at around 7 to 7.30pm for late seating.
Riding the Ocean Waves
1,342 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Canapés have been stopped in The Commodore Club on QM2 and replaced with Pork Scratchings !
Riding the Ocean Waves
1,342 Posts
Joined Jun 2010

Take no notice of false rumours Cunard have no intention of removing Canapés.
I am afraid they have stopped serving on QM2 and been replaced with Pork Scratchings and olives.
East Lancashire
2,629 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
They were still serving canapes in the Commodore Club on Queen Elizabeth last week.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE2, 1991, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004 (twice) 2005, 2006, 2007 (twice) and 2008 (twice). Caronia 2002 and 2003, QM2 2009, 2010 (twice), 2011, 2014 and 2015, QV 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016, QE 2012 (twice), 2013, 2015 and 2017. Braemar 2015 (once was enough) Oriana 2017, Good but I still prefer Cunard.
New York City
137 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Sometimes when there is a health alert, canapés and bar snacks are not put out;I’ve seen this happen a couple of times; they are usually back in a day or so; I assume after the Captain has determined that the danger has passed.
Riding the Ocean Waves
1,342 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by canoncruiser
Sometimes when there is a health alert, canapés and bar snacks are not put out;I’ve seen this happen a couple of times; they are usually back in a day or so; I assume after the Captain has determined that the danger has passed.
That I appreciate, however there was no health alert and Canapés had been withdrawn and replaced with Pork scratchings and Olives in a small white dish in The Commodore Club on QM2 during the Two weeks.
Although they probably are not needed so close to Dinner, they were a nice touch and formed the bases of meeting up in that particular bar prior to dinner.