Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:40 AM.
Ontario
97 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
I have been reading these posts and find it so disappointing and frustrating that customer service is not offering the same obc across the board. I am doing a b2b and was told that my cabin may still be part of the test group for my Jan/Feb. sailings on the Regal. No resolution. Just curious if those that were offered the obc are Elite passengers?
965 Posts
Joined May 2006
Those of you who got the $100pp, was that on the 7night or b2b cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Sky / Bahamas - Jan 16th, 2017
Anthem of the Seas / Bermuda - Sept 3rd, 2016
Regal Princess / Caribbean - Jan 17th, 2016
Norwegian Getaway / Caribbean - Sept 26th, 2015
Allure of the Seas / Caribbean - Jan 25th, 2015
Regal Princess / Caribbean - Jan 18th, 2015
Caribbean Princess / Caribbean - Oct 18th, 2014
Caribbean Princess / Caribbean - May 26th, 2014
Crown Princess / Caribbean - Jan 18, 2014
Caribbean Princess / Can_NE - Sept 21, 2013
Star Princess / Alaska - June 29th, 2013
Ruby Princess / Caribbean - Jan 20th, 2013
Celebrity Silhouette / Caribbean - Jan 13th, 2013
Carnival Freedom / Caribbean - May 19th, 2012
Island Princess / Panama Canal - Jan 18th, 2012
Crown Princess / Caribbean - Jan 15th, 2011
Celebrity Summit / Bermuda - May 30th, 2010
Ruby Princess / Caribbean - Jan 9th, 2010
Celebrity Constellation / Caribbean - Nov 10th, 2008
Emerald Princess / Caribbean - Jan 17th, 2008
Celebrity Constellation / Caribbean - Nov 7th, 2006
Norwegian Dawn / Caribbean - April 26th, 2006
Carnival Pride / Bermuda - Aug 3rd, 2003
Grand Princess / Caribbean - June 1st, 2002
Williamsburg, VA
224 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
I just checked Princess and I see the $120 OBC, but, my $100 OBC for future cruise deposits disappeared, I called them and they won't tell me anything because I booked thru a travel agent. I haven't used a TA in years, but decided to transfer this booking to a local TA, not going to do that again.
BTW - we're booked on the 7 day and am Platinum.
142 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by lor74
Those of you who got the $100pp, was that on the 7night or b2b cruise?

7 night
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1/2017 Celebrity Silhouette, Western Carib
1/2016 Celebrity Silhouette, Eastern Carib
1/2015 Carnival Sunshine, Eastern Carib
1/2014 Carnival Dream, Western Carib
2013 Carnival Miracle, NYC
1990's RCCL Jewel and Enchantment
142 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by Shadow9612
For those people who have received OBC, did you book directly with Princess and call to get the OBC or did some of you book with a TA but call directly. If you are booked with a TA, does the TA have to be the one to call for the OBC?
Through TA but I called directly for this issue.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1/2017 Celebrity Silhouette, Western Carib
1/2016 Celebrity Silhouette, Eastern Carib
1/2015 Carnival Sunshine, Eastern Carib
1/2014 Carnival Dream, Western Carib
2013 Carnival Miracle, NYC
1990's RCCL Jewel and Enchantment
TN
231 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by chaub
I have been reading these posts and find it so disappointing and frustrating that customer service is not offering the same obc across the board. I am doing a b2b and was told that my cabin may still be part of the test group for my Jan/Feb. sailings on the Regal. No resolution. Just curious if those that were offered the obc are Elite passengers?

I'm not Elite (only gold), and after several "holds" and one transfer to the relations department, I was finally able to speak with someone who issued my OBC. My parents, who are travelling with us, are Elite, but I don't think it had anything to do with why we got the credit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming up:
Regal Princess: 1/18

Past cruises:
Sapphire Princess: 10/11
Grandeur of the Seas: 10/10
Emerald Princess: 1/10
Grandeur of the Seas: 3/03
Rhapsody of the Seas: 3/02
Premier (not sure Ship): 3/00

TN
231 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Does anybody know why there are only 110 rooms with the medallion reader installed at the door? The ship went into dry dock in April 2017 so it could be ready for the November rollout.

To me, this is exceptionally poor implementation and management by Princess.

People have eluded to the fact that we should expect glitches when something of this calibre is new and being rolled out. I agree with this in principle. For example, I wouldn't have a problem if my Little Tagalong was a turtle but I wanted an Octopus. That's a glitch.

Not having the readers installed at stateroom doors, or the readers not granting access, isn't a glitch. These are fundamental essentials of the technology that should have been tested and tested again and again in a lab before ever announcing a firm roll-out date.

If readers still aren't installed, and Princess has a valid reason for this, then Princess should have converted from OM to OM PREVIEW long before final payment due dates on all upcoming cruises.

It would be much better for people to think that all Regal cruises between now and 'july' (or whenever) are PREVIEW but then be pleasantly surprised IF Princess completes a full rollout earlier.

But this 'keeping clients hoping' and not notifying until after final payment that you aren't part of the OM, is flat out ludicrous and disrespectful to the PRINCESS customers.

I realize many don't care if they get it, and many hope they won't, but there are some people who booked this cruise months ago, for this reason alone (OM).

Add to this insult is people have to call in to ask (or beg) for OBC - some are told yes, some are told no, some are given different amounts. All staterooms not selected for OM should get the same OBC automatically applied (or a standard amount based on cabin type booked). That would be an organization being accountable for not delivering on what they promise to the customer.

This is being handled as professionally as Celebrity is handling their website - threw that in for those of you who read both threads . Sarcasm intended.

I agree, completely.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming up:
Regal Princess: 1/18

Past cruises:
Sapphire Princess: 10/11
Grandeur of the Seas: 10/10
Emerald Princess: 1/10
Grandeur of the Seas: 3/03
Rhapsody of the Seas: 3/02
Premier (not sure Ship): 3/00

68 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by rwilk1129
Yesterday TA requested obc for us for our 2 Regal January cruises and it was denied. I called later myself and was denied also. Customer service said they don't know what they are going to do and to check back in mid December. Sure would like that extra obc to spend onboard.

Thanks for the thread on CC
Received email for Jan sailing stating my cabin would not have OM and I called Princess direct even tho I booked with TA
Asked for customer relations and agent asked why I was calling. Told him I would like OBC
Said just a minute and came back and told me we would get 100 pp
Ontario, Canada
669 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
[quote=elliebird;54686295]Thanks for the thread on CC
Received email for Jan sailing stating my cabin would not have OM and I called Princess direct even tho I booked with TA
Asked for customer relations and agent asked why I was calling. Told him I would like OBC
Said just a minute and came back and told me we would get 100 pp[/quote

Hi, we were told yesterday yes to OBC but must wait for TA to do whatever she has to do for me to receive confirmation. May I please ask, is your OBC showing up on your booking now. Or are you like me and have to wait for TA?

If any one knows or has a guess why it goes thru TA I would be interested in hearing your views. It appears some are bypassing this, but I do not know if OBC funds were automatically deposited.

Very interesting experience.
Cincinnati Ohio
1,119 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
We booked through a TA for our 2/18, 7 day on the Regal. After we got the “no OM for you” email on Friday, I called Princess directly and on the 2nd call got a $100 pp ($200 total for my wife and I) OBC. We’re in an obstructed view balcony. I had to be firm and insistent, but polite, and that worked.
My brother in law and sister in law who are traveling with us called after I did and they got it with 1 call.
I did call our TA about getting the Soda and more pkg removed. We’d prepaid for it and wanted to use the OBC money to cover it. She had to call Princess and it was done in 10 minutes. Showed up as “customer satisfaction” on our account page on the cruise personalizer.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Your old pal,
Joe

Regal Princess - 2/2017
Regal Princess - 2/2016
Carnival Breeze - 2/2015
Carnival Valor - 3/2013
Crown Princess - 2/2010
Caribbean Princess - 2/2009
Crown Princess - 11/2006
Windjammer Polynesia - 9/2002
Windjammer Flying Cloud -7/1994

Chicago
10 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
We have sailed 17 times with Princess. Our Regal 1/28 cruise won’t have the Ocean Medillan service available.

I read the CC boards here and decided to call Princess yesterday to confirm if OBC credits were being given because Princess wasn’t offering something that was originally advertised.

After about 25 miniutes I was told nothing could be done but I was placed on a wait list and reminded that I would have unlimited WI-FI on two devises.

Today I’m reading more reviews and thought I’d try again. As mentioned here on the thread I asked for Customer Relations politely explained why I was calling and was put on hold for about 15 minutes.

Customer Relations gets on the call asks what she can do for me. I patiently tell her why I’m calling and what I’ve read on CC. She offers me $80 per person. I ask if that’s the best she can do, she says yes. I had already invested enough time in this and I didn’t feel like groveling for $40.

I’m happy that I received something, but forcing a customer to call twice and then offer something less than the going rate is not a great customer service experience.
Thornhill, ON
73 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
For whoever was wondering, I'm on an 11-night Regal cruise booked in an inside, and got $100 OBC pp. I agree with others and think Princess should standardize the OBC so that everyone who calls gets the same thing.
965 Posts
Joined May 2006
A big thank you to those that have posted!!! It took 2 calls, but I have received the credit

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Sky / Bahamas - Jan 16th, 2017
Anthem of the Seas / Bermuda - Sept 3rd, 2016
Regal Princess / Caribbean - Jan 17th, 2016
Norwegian Getaway / Caribbean - Sept 26th, 2015
Allure of the Seas / Caribbean - Jan 25th, 2015
Regal Princess / Caribbean - Jan 18th, 2015
Caribbean Princess / Caribbean - Oct 18th, 2014
Caribbean Princess / Caribbean - May 26th, 2014
Crown Princess / Caribbean - Jan 18, 2014
Caribbean Princess / Can_NE - Sept 21, 2013
Star Princess / Alaska - June 29th, 2013
Ruby Princess / Caribbean - Jan 20th, 2013
Celebrity Silhouette / Caribbean - Jan 13th, 2013
Carnival Freedom / Caribbean - May 19th, 2012
Island Princess / Panama Canal - Jan 18th, 2012
Crown Princess / Caribbean - Jan 15th, 2011
Celebrity Summit / Bermuda - May 30th, 2010
Ruby Princess / Caribbean - Jan 9th, 2010
Celebrity Constellation / Caribbean - Nov 10th, 2008
Emerald Princess / Caribbean - Jan 17th, 2008
Celebrity Constellation / Caribbean - Nov 7th, 2006
Norwegian Dawn / Caribbean - April 26th, 2006
Carnival Pride / Bermuda - Aug 3rd, 2003
Grand Princess / Caribbean - June 1st, 2002
WA state
3,001 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Does anybody know why there are only 110 rooms with the medallion reader installed at the door? The ship went into dry dock in April 2017 so it could be ready for the November rollout.

To me, this is exceptionally poor implementation and management by Princess.

People have eluded to the fact that we should expect glitches when something of this calibre is new and being rolled out. I agree with this in principle. For example, I wouldn't have a problem if my Little Tagalong was a turtle but I wanted an Octopus. That's a glitch.

Not having the readers installed at stateroom doors, or the readers not granting access, isn't a glitch. These are fundamental essentials of the technology that should have been tested and tested again and again in a lab before ever announcing a firm roll-out date.

If readers still aren't installed, and Princess has a valid reason for this, then Princess should have converted from OM to OM PREVIEW long before final payment due dates on all upcoming cruises.

It would be much better for people to think that all Regal cruises between now and 'july' (or whenever) are PREVIEW but then be pleasantly surprised IF Princess completes a full rollout earlier.

But this 'keeping clients hoping' and not notifying until after final payment that you aren't part of the OM, is flat out ludicrous and disrespectful to the PRINCESS customers.

I realize many don't care if they get it, and many hope they won't, but there are some people who booked this cruise months ago, for this reason alone (OM).

Add to this insult is people have to call in to ask (or beg) for OBC - some are told yes, some are told no, some are given different amounts. All staterooms not selected for OM should get the same OBC automatically applied (or a standard amount based on cabin type booked). That would be an organization being accountable for not delivering on what they promise to the customer.

This is being handled as professionally as Celebrity is handling their website - threw that in for those of you who read both threads . Sarcasm intended.
After talking to a number of the Navigators who are on the ship working with the people in the test cabins I will only surmise that at least one of the reasons that they put out a limited number of medallions during this initial phase is for simplicity, for lack of a better term. Here is my rationale on this. Let's assume that you have 3500 people on the ship, all of which have the new technology. Let's assume also that you have 3 problems pop up the first day. That means if a third of the passengers are engaged in that specific activity. In the first case you are going to have about 1200 people reporting those 3 problem (total of 3500 reports while with the smaller group you only have 37 people reporting about a 110 problems. That's a lot fewer reports to handle and collate! Now, could the implementation of the Medallion program been handled better? Certainly! But at least they have wisely pulled back the over-enthusiastic launch from the way it was/is being done.

The basic fact of the matter is, while the 95% (approx) of the people are not going to be involved in the least with the medallion program it's not going to affect the enjoyment of the cruise in the least. Others, who did want to be involved are going to be disappointed. I know that. But, if and when you call and speak to a representative in reference to the medallion test on the ship, please do remember that those men and women you are speaking to on the phone have and had absolutely no hand in making any of the decisions in how that was all set up, so please don't take out your ire on them. They're at the bottom end of the feeding chain on this. Same thing with the Navigators whom you'll see in their locale on Deck 6 amidships.

Tom

Tom
Florida
1,082 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Another thing, is I think many passengers are not ready for the Medallion. We are on board the Regal now and some people seem to have a hard time understanding the basics of the program on their smart phone. They can't seem to find schedule of events, use messenger app or see their accounts. Of course others find it so simple.

We, by accident, discovered many of the display boards are touch screens. Every time we stop and play with them a crowd oocurs. It's kind of fun. When it's fully functional, it will be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2017 Regal Princess
2017 Carnival Fascination
2016 Caribbean Princess
2015 Carnival Sunshine
2015 Carnival Victory
2015 Regal Princess
2014 Carnival Sunshine
2014 Regal Princess
2014 Carnival Victory
2014 Ruby Princess
2013 Carnival Dream
2013 Star Princess
2012 Carnival Sensation
2012 Caribbean Princess
2011 Carnival Ecstasy
2011 Bahama Celebration
Florida
1,082 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Originally posted by voljeep
exactly what is so 'awesome' about the touch tone screens? - you get to see the tag-a-long you created?
The tag a longs are cute but that's about it. I meant the overall concept. I am sorry I wasn't more clear. The fact that the internet (network)speed is 26.51 Mbps and the upload speed is 89 Mbps (as I type this) is awesome. For a cruise how can you complain about that.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2017 Regal Princess
2016 Caribbean Princess
2015 Carnival Sunshine
2015 Carnival Victory
2015 Regal Princess
2014 Carnival Sunshine
2014 Regal Princess
2014 Carnival Victory
2014 Ruby Princess
2013 Carnival Dream
2013 Star Princess
2012 Carnival Sensation
2012 Caribbean Princess
2011 Carnival Ecstasy
2011 Bahama Celebration
WA state
3,001 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by gremlinbangles
The tag a longs are cute but that's about it. I meant the overall concept. I am sorry I wasn't more clear. The fact that the internet (network)speed is 26.51 Mbps and the upload speed is 89 Mbps (as I type this) is awesome. For a cruise how can you complain about that.
Oh, someone will find someway to complain about it sooner or later.

Tom
Williamsburg, VA
224 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Perhaps Princess should assingn people to cabins based on on tech capability, there could be a simple test to see if you can handle the OM, or, a simple question of "do you wan to do this?"
Florida
1,082 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Originally posted by Pierlesscruisers
Oh, someone will find someway to complain about it sooner or later.

Tom
lol always! However, in the meantime I'll enjoy myself. Next up Beatlemania

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2017 Regal Princess
2016 Caribbean Princess
2015 Carnival Sunshine
2015 Carnival Victory
2015 Regal Princess
2014 Carnival Sunshine