Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:48 AM.
San Francisco Bay Area
7,003 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
I thought I read that the Regal and Royal actually used brewed coffee instead of that yukky syrup stuff that you find on all the other Princess ships ... and it is free for everyone. Anybody??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Raider
WA state
3,001 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by vmom
You can order 2 specialty coffees that require a punch but I thought for the brewed unlimited coffee it was one coffee at a time.
I believe that is the case. It prevents one person from sharing the freebies. I suspect that is also the reason why there is now a daily limit on the alcoholic drinks on the Unlimited Drink card-sharing!

Tom
1,388 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
I am quite sure that this is the way Princess sees it.
And, clearly the Alcoholic Drink Package is not allowed to be shared.
But, still, very very ridiculous, and just plain cheap and even sad on Prnicess part to do this over a cup of coffee.

It would be interesting to know the fine print.
But, I have never heard of a coffee card is limited to use by only one person.
One has paid for those punches and that card.

If they want to take away the unlimited brewed coffee benefit, then fine.
Just be honest and upfront about it. Not disingenuous.
Florida
582 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
punches can be shared - brewed coffee is only for the cardholder - what's so hard to understand about that? If you didn't purchase the coffee card - why should you be 'entitled' to get that benefit, sf?
WA state
3,001 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by voljeep
punches can be shared - brewed coffee is only for the cardholder - what's so hard to understand about that? If you didn't purchase the coffee card - why should you be 'entitled' to get that benefit, sf?
Yep, that's the way it seems to me!

Tom
Northville, MI
599 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by voljeep
Agreed. It's disappointing to read people complaining when people that frankly are taking some advantages are actually complaining about policies being enforced. I suppose it goes with the territory.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Redwing55
Northville, Michigan
Oakville, ON
2,536 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by cruzsnooze
Yes this would work, two cards two coffees. Just as an FYI there are multiple coffee cards for sale on Ebay for a nice savings.
I know, but I do wonder a bit how the supply seems never ending.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
1. Island Princess - 60-night Grand South America, Jan 24/18.
2. Majestic Princess - 13-night NZ (out of SYD) - March, 2019 (We'll see...booked w/Cyber Sale)
Williamsburg, VA
224 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
OK, this is a silly debate, but, since I'm a silly person, I quote from princess.com on the purchase a coffee card page, where does it say only one person?
New Grounds Coffee Card $35.65 &nbsper punch card (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Card that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise.

Seems like people like to make up policies just to rant about other people? Show me the policy that says only one person can use the card!
1,388 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Yes, I would be interested in seeing any fine print. As I had posted.
Maybe I don't see that as all that 'silly'!

The cheerleaders can try to explain or justify.
And, yes, that might be the intent of the program.

I still say that it says a whole lot about Princess to make a big deal about this.

And, again, just to remind everyone, we WILL have two coffee cards.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
6,074 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by Cruise Raider
I thought I read that the Regal and Royal actually used brewed coffee instead of that yukky syrup stuff that you find on all the other Princess ships ... and it is free for everyone. Anybody??
That's true and most baristas will give you 2 cups at the IC early in the morning even if you have only one card. The OP must have run up against someone who was just being a little strict. Most time they just don't care since the same coffee is available in the Horizon all day long.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 625/806/70/88

Florida - Villages
88 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
Originally posted by CruiseVA
OK, this is a silly debate, but, since I'm a silly person, I quote from princess.com on the purchase a coffee card page, where does it say only one person?
New Grounds Coffee Card $35.65 &nbsper punch card (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Card that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise.

Seems like people like to make up policies just to rant about other people? Show me the policy that says only one person can use the card!
It doesn't say a word that the cards can't be used by any number of people.
Enjoy.
victoria bc
26 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
Originally posted by easyboy
That’s their policy for brewed coffee. Only one per order.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
So the guy in front of me ordered 2 reg coffees to day and no problem. Different server than I had on day one and was allowed only one so definitely inconsistent rules so I ordered two. He just looked at back of card

Coffee card cannot be ised anymore for gelato and sundaes. Last year we used card on the Royal for gelato/sundaes
226 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
If people continue to share "unlimited" things they will continue to be taken away. The "sharing" of the coffee card is for the punches not to supply the entire ship with free coffee and tea.
34 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by beachmets
Coffee card cannot be ised anymore for gelato and sundaes. Last year we used card on the Royal for gelato/sundaes
A sign was posted at the Gelato cafe on the Royal during the Nov. 25-30 voyage stating the same. So I was fascinated to see that the digital ads by the elevator promoting the coffee card specifically mentioned they could be used for gelato...

Sent from my iPad using Forums
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
6,074 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by beachmets
So the guy in front of me ordered 2 reg coffees to day and no problem. Different server than I had on day one and was allowed only one so definitely inconsistent rules so I ordered two. He just looked at back of card

Originally posted by Dolcevita Diva
A sign was posted at the Gelato cafe on the Royal during the Nov. 25-30 voyage stating the same. So I was fascinated to see that the digital ads by the elevator promoting the coffee card specifically mentioned they could be used for gelato...

Sent from my iPad using Forums
This is totally not true. I'm on the Royal right now & the coffee card can certainly be use for gelato.
1 PUNCH -- 3 SCOOPS.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 625/806/70/88

Los Angeles Ca.
5,171 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by steelers36
I know, but I do wonder a bit how the supply seems never ending.
People like me who don't drink specialty coffee or use the mini bar trade it in for coffee cards. I frequently sail in a suite so get 4 cards. I sail 4 times a year so I have many extra cards. I can't speak to how others get their cards.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
6,074 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by cruzsnooze
People like me who don't drink specialty coffee or use the mini bar trade it in for coffee cards. I frequently sail in a suite so get 4 cards. I sail 4 times a year so I have many extra cards. I can't speak to how others get their cards.
A lot of people receive them from past cruisers who will not be taking another cruise on Princess in the future and the new procedures will eliminate the passing down of coffee cards some day. A big saving for Princess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 625/806/70/88