BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:42 AM.
189 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
live in Alaska, and work for Visit Anchorage.....I truly believe that Princess has the best presence in Alaska. They bring a lot of Alaskans on the ship in different ports...Libby Riddles in Juneau (She was the first woman to win Iditarod), Ryan Redington and his puppies on in Skagway. They have a naturalist on the ship...and more of them in Glacier Bay...who give lectures and tells you what you are seeing...If this is your only chance to see Alaska....I would go with Princess. I have been on most of the ships..
We loved cruising to Alaska and learned so much, due to the very interesting and entertaining naturalists and speakers that Princess brought on board. It is a fascinating journey with lots to see ! We agree that Princess does it right, and you will learn so much. Truly a voyage of discovery, and you'll have a wonderful time. - EBC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Houston, Texas
372 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by EastBay Cruisers
Here's a great review of an Alaskan cruise just a few month ago on the Ruby Princess, round trip from Seattle. It discusses the scenery, service, and many other items. Lots of info here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2533305
What a fabulous review, thanks for the link; we sail the Ruby next year with our daughter and family.
189 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Originally posted by Lanz
What a fabulous review, thanks for the link; we sail the Ruby next year with our daughter and family.
I know you'll have an absolutely wonderful vacation ! When we cruised to Alaska last September, we were first-time cruisers, and we couldn't believe how much fun it was and how much we learned about Alaska.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
100 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
With IBS, I would definitely go with a balcony for cruising the glaciers. Just knowing that there is a WC right there in the cabin should be somewhat calming for your daughter.
Shalimar Florida
194 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Thank you so much for all of the replies and insight! This is a very active board and I really appreciate everyone's comments. I decided I will be booking a mini suite on the Ruby Princess. I will be asking for more insight and advice on a separate post. Thanks again all.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
6,074 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Casual dressing doesn't present a problem for Princess in any of their dining rooms or Specialty restaurants.
Many people just dress nicely & can get by even with less than what you describe.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 625/806/70/88

1,300 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Since you mentioned this likely being your only trip to Alaska, please consider adding a land portion that includes Denali National Park. You can do this with Princess, or yourself. The southeast arm that the round trips include is great, but visiting the main part of Alaska is another realm.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Kids waking up DW prior to muster drill (she didn't know they were coming!) and more Alaska fun: