Interesting update on upcoming royal sailings!!!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:46 AM.
Northville, MI
599 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by Grego
Was this voyage ever classified as an Ocean Medallion voyage? I don't think the Royal was ever scheduled to be OM this year. The only one was the Regal and that was to be followed by the Caribbean Princess. If this is the case, why would you expect an additional OBC?
OM was to commence around 1/18/18 +/-. Though I'm not so sure all are EXPECTING an OBC, the cruises will be different than what had been for promoted for months. Royal was to get the OM next after the Regal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Redwing55
Northville, Michigan
Lakeway, Texas
471 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by PoohUnderstands
Ok, I would like to apologize to one and all. I made a BIG assumption when I wrote this post in that I didn't think that everyone wouldn't know (and really why should they!!!! Sorry) that OM didn't start(supposedly) on the Royal until 01/19/2018. Should have started out with that fact!

Pooh
Pooh, thank you for clarifying. However, there is someone else here who really needs to apologize. I'll never understand why some people feel like it's okay to be rude/snarky on these boards. By the way, I love your picture. We used to cruise a lot Thanksgiving week and we've done Christmas twice. Love seeing the Caribbean decorated for Christmas. Enjoy your upcoming cruises.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
50 and Counting
Loveland, CO
1,798 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Ok, now I KNOW for sure that Princess reads our threads, but how did they know it was me?

Just got a call from a gentleman in corporate as he wanted to correct the mis-information that I was given when I wrote this thread (and the rep. who gave me the information is being updated to the correct information.) First of all there is no blanket $50 pp OBC being given out. It is on a one by one personal contact basis.

Also the free entire cruise internet for Elite and Platinum was just for the first couple cruises on the Regal as they were short ones and it was part of their apology for Regal OM not being up and running. Also, the really cool high speed internet of the Regal( and it is running at a "better" higher speed than even they were expecting) will probably NOT be up and running for my March cruise on the Royal.

So basically the entire conversation given to me by this first representative was completely in error!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So guys, there you have it. Oh, as an apology from Princess for the incorrect information, I received immediately $100pp OBC for my March cruise. I know things can get a little frustrating with Princess sometimes, but I do believe that they do try more than other companies and they are trying to keep up with things.

Pooh
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grand Princess - 10 Night Mexican Riviera, 03/2019 (WS!)
Royal Prncess - 19 Night Maple Explorer Tour 2B, 10/2018
Royal Princess - 10 Nt. Southern Caribbean Medley, 03/2018
Ruby Princess - Alaska Inside Passage, 09/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas - W. Caribbean, 04/2016
Star Princess - Hawaiian Cruise, 04/2015

HAL Maasdam - Southern Caribbean, 03/11
Coral Princess(Grand Canal)- 02/10
HAL Eurodam - Eastern Caribbean - 11/08
Coral Princess- Panama- 10/07
Caribbean Princess - Eastern - 02/07
Brilliance of the Seas - Med.(Venice) - 09/06
Celebrity Summit - Ultimate Southern - 04/05
HAL Zuiderdam - Western Caribbean - 05/04
HAL Rotterdam - Panama Canal - 10/03
Sea Princess - Western Caribbean - 11/00
MS Niew Amsterdam - Alaska - 06/91
NCL Norway - Eastern Caribbean - 06/90
Carnival Carnivale - Bahamas - 10/89
Loveland, CO
1,798 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
And another interesting aside. While I was on the phone with the corporate rep. I received an email....... "the email" stating that my October, 2018, cruise will not be an OM one either. There it is official. Another disappointment. Sigh.

Pooh
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Colorado
55 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
And another interesting aside. While I was on the phone with the corporate rep. I received an email....... "the email" stating that my October, 2018, cruise will not be an OM one either. There it is official. Another disappointment. Sigh.

Pooh
Thanks to Cruise Critic I too got a $200 room credit for my January 19th sailing on Royal. My travel agent called, was on hold for quite some time but she got me the credit. Thanks again Cruise Critic

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app
107 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Ok, now I KNOW for sure that Princess reads our threads, but how did they know it was me?

Pooh
Yeah some people give out waaaaaaay to much information thinking they are on an "anonymous" message board.

You have talked about your different cruises by month and ship, you said what day you called Princess and you have your location listed at the top of you posts.

For Princess it only took them about 3 seconds in their search engine to find you and your phone number. Scary isn't it.

But thank you for reporting back what you were told.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
6,074 Posts
Joined Nov 2015

Just got a call from a gentleman in corporate as he wanted to correct the mis-information that I was given when I wrote this thread (and the rep. who gave me the information is being updated to the correct information.) First of all there is no blanket $50 pp OBC being given out. It is on a one by one personal contact basis.

Also the free entire cruise internet for Elite and Platinum was just for the first couple cruises on the Regal as they were short ones and it was part of their apology for Regal OM not being up and running. Also, the really cool high speed internet of the Regal( and it is running at a "better" higher speed than even they were expecting) will probably NOT be up and running for my March cruise on the Royal.

So basically the entire conversation given to me by this first representative was completely in error!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So guys, there you have it. Oh, as an apology from Princess for the incorrect information, I received immediately $100pp OBC for my March cruise. I know things can get a little frustrating with Princess sometimes, but I do believe that they do try more than other companies and they are trying to keep up with things.

Pooh
Unless something has changed since the other day they're still telling the internet managers that the high speed internet will be up & running by the first of the year.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 625/806/70/88

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Originally posted by floridalover5623
Unless something has changed since the other day they're still telling the internet managers that the high speed internet will be up & running by the first of the year.
Are you referring to high speed internet on the Royal Princess, and if so, where did you get this info? I'll be on the December 30 sailing and was considering purchasing internet minutes in advance, but may wait if it's likely that high speed internet will be working by then.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app
5,734 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
And another interesting aside. While I was on the phone with the corporate rep. I received an email....... "the email" stating that my October, 2018, cruise will not be an OM one either. There it is official. Another disappointment.
Wow. That is a huge delay, and apparently growing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App
ca
1,113 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by vickie_bernie
We are booked on the jan 19 sailing for 4 cruises. Jan 19 was to be the first OM cruise. I called yesterday and spoke with a lovely agent named Irma who worked with me and a supervisor and got a $100 per person per cruise good will on board credit. So give them a call.
I'm on this cruise too. I booked with a T A . Will she need to call or can I call to get the obc ?
Loveland, CO
1,798 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by vino100
I'm on this cruise too. I booked with a T A . Will she need to call or can I call to get the obc ?
I would call first as it will be more efficient if they will do it for you right then and there. Hopefully now, as they are giving out OBC readily, they will do it for you. If not, you will have to have your TA call and get it for you.

Pooh
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

ca
1,113 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
I would call first as it will be more efficient if they will do it for you right then and there. Hopefully now, as they are giving out OBC readily, they will do it for you. If not, you will have to have your TA call and get it for you.

Pooh
Thanks. Will do.
Texas
1,659 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
In this age of instant communications, I find it hard to understand why every Princess employee who answers phone calls or email from passengers and travel agents can't respond from the same script. Consistently inconsistent should be their motto.
I have booked a 20 day cruise that is made up of 2 ten day cruises. I am getting two cruise credits for this cruise even though it was booked under one booking number. This cruise on the Royal has had the OM canceled and OBC given to those who have called in or had their TA call in. Some have gotten $100 pp for the 20 day cruise while others have gotten $100 pp for each 10 day cruise segment.
The decision to give customer satisfaction OBC should come from one individual in the Princess management and his or her instructions about it should be transmitted to every Princess representative who answers customer calls. Then there would be no inconsistencies. These inconsistencies just cause more people to make more calls and more work and expense for Princess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USS Greenling SSN614
Atlantic Ocean/Barents Sea