The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Hi all - going on the Liberty in two weeks. It's been a couple years since I last cruised and had Cheers. A few questions...

1 - we prefer bottle beer over draft. Are bottled beers served & included? If so, will they give you the actual bottle (even in an aluminum bottle) vs pouring it into a cup?

Yes, all bottled beers currently available are served and included. Most are 16 oz, some are 12 oz and of course Foster's Oil Can is 25 oz. The only time it is poured into a cup is if it's outside at the pool bar and it's a glass bottle like Corona. All aluminum bottles are given to you. With an extra tip, you can get them unopened to carry over to the following day to take ashore if you have not yet hit your 15 drinks. YMMV since some bartender's do not do this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, we are debating the Cheers package and have a few questions.

1. We want to try the more expensive wines - 50 dollars a glass is the limit?

2. Husband wants to try the higher end shots - included?

3. We do drink bottled water and specialty coffee. Can I take my husband's sail and sign card and bring him coffee back to the room?

4. The reason we are thinking of this opposed to the premium wine package is to try different wines that we normally wouldn't pay for at home.

Yes I know. The roommate is a beer drinker and concerned about hitting the 15 max limit. If that happens I can buy more beer and that problem is solved.

I'd suggest the roommate try to find a 16oz beer they like...15 of those is like 20 regular beers..or try the red frog beer which come in 19oz draft which is like 24 beers. Then there is also the huge fosters cans. But 15 12 ounce beers can go fast.

3. We do drink bottled water and specialty coffee. Can I take my husband's sail and sign card and bring him coffee back to the room?

4. The reason we are thinking of this opposed to the premium wine package is to try different wines that we normally wouldn't pay for at home.

Great questions: I'd love to know the answers too.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Technically no but may depend on who is working the coffee bar.

4. Isn't a question

You can still use Cheers on the day you disembark.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yes we used it on the Glory last month waited right by the coffee shop! Got a few waters, energy drinks, Powerades, fancy coffee blends just had to wait the 5 minutes it was well worth for the week for us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reading this thread has made me more confused. WE had used the drink package in Celebrity and liked it. Does anyone have a listing of drink prices for Carnival. We are trying to decide whether the package is worth it.

I posted the most recent (as in last month) in here if that will help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2538649