Drink pkg cost for diamond level?

brenderlou

Is there a Diamond discount if you book pre-cruise? We are Diamond but haven't sailed on Royal since they started the drink packages.

We purchased the drink package on sale (?) $44 + was there a Diamond discount that might have been better?

I never knew there was a "diamond" discount.....Does it state it anywhere, and is this discount on all drink packages (i.e. soda and/or coffee)???

Sometimes it will be listed on your C&A letter in your cabin but sometimes not. If you don't find it on the letter, have a bartender print out your eligible coupons and it should listed there.

I never knew there was a "diamond" discount.....Does it state it anywhere, and is this discount on all drink packages (i.e. soda and/or coffee)???

The discount is usually only on the Deluxe beverage package.

• 2 months later...
The discount is usually only on the Deluxe beverage package.

We will be doing our 1st & 2nd cruise as diamond members later this year on Allure and im in two minds about doing the Deluxe Package. At present the cruise planner is offering it at $48 plus gratuity or $59 inc voom plus gratuity.

Do you know what price the 20% on board discount for diamond actually translates too please? Is it better than the $48 offer mentioned above.

Also is $48 and $59 with voom about as low as it ever gets offered or are there sometimes better offers than this?

Many thanks

We will be doing our 1st & 2nd cruise as diamond members later this year on Allure and im in two minds about doing the Deluxe Package. At present the cruise planner is offering it at $48 plus gratuity or $59 inc voom plus gratuity.

Do you know what price the 20% on board discount for diamond actually translates too please? Is it better than the $48 offer mentioned above.

Also is $48 and $59 with voom about as low as it ever gets offered or are there sometimes better offers than this?

Many thanks

Different cruise and different ship but the current price for my upcoming cruise on Adventure is $45 for the drink package and $56 for the drink package and Voom. The thing to do is buy it now and keep monitoring the price. If the price goes down, cancel what you've got (you'll get a full refund) and buy it at the lower price.

Many thanks

It really depends. The diamond discount "could" be better than the $48 but it all depends on what the onboard price is at the time. I don't know what sailing you're on, but I believe for our last Navigator sailing, the Deluxe was $46 and VOOM combo was $56. However, those prices vary ship to ship and even sailing to sailing on the same ship. The 2nd half of our b2b was cheaper than the 1st half. You just have to keep checking the cruise planner.

Keep in mind if you want the Deluxe and VOOM combo you have to buy ahead of time as it's not offered onboard, at least that I've seen.

We enquired about the discount on board the Freedom in December. They denied there even was one. We asked them to check again, same answer. They printed out our Diamond benefits and there was no reference to it.

They were wrong. I was on Freedom the first half of last December and used my C&A discount on the Deluxe package. The person I went to on the Promenade didn’t know about it but she then asked one of the managers and he confirmed it existed. I also had the letter stating the discount from my cabin. The discount is not listed along with the other benefits but is stated on the other side of the letter, albeit a little obscurely.

The discounts are 20% for Diamond, 30% for Diamond Plus, and 40% for Pinnacle. The managers, usually in a white shirt officers uniform, have a binder that lists all discounts, that’s where I saw them check.

For Diamond members, if you can get a 20% discount sale prior to boarding it may be cheaper than buying on board since the on-board price is some times higher. Also, don’t forget that there is a discount on internet packages as part of your on-board Diamond benefits. It’s hard to figure which combination will actually be cheaper. I have calculated it for D Plus, though, and it usually come out less to buy it on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums