Nassau - Atlantis Excursion - Ship or Private? Is Carnival tour really only 5 hours?

JanJanG

We want to go to Atlantis during our Carnival Freedom stop on Aug 1, 2018. BUT, are having a difficult time deciding to book through the ship or privately. The excursion is listed as 7:30 -12:30 through Carnival. Our ship doesn't leave Nassau until 5:00 that day. That just really doesn't seem like much time at Atlantis for the almost $200 a person.

Who has booked through Carnival or privately? What are your thoughts or suggestions? How long were you allowed to stay at the resort?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I've read on these boards before about people booking a room at the comfort inn near Atlantis and they have wristbands for getting the room there. Cheaper than going through carnival. Just would have to get a taxi or bus ride there.

The Carnival excursion is not 5 hrs. You can stay as long as you want, as long as you're back to the ship by all aboard time. Find out what time the last shuttle leaves Atlantis to return you to the ship. The shuttle is included in the excursion if you purchase through the cruise line. If you don't want to return on the last shuttle (or miss it), you can always take a taxi back to the ship. Atlantis is not that far from the ship, just make sure you allow yourself enough time to make it back by all aboard time.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

Just purchased Aquaventures directly from Atlantis. READY!!

What was the price difference between the ship excursion price and buying directly from Atlantis? Am I correct that you will provide your own transportation to and from Atlantis?

The Carnival excursion is not 5 hrs. You can stay as long as you want, as long as you're back to the ship by all aboard time. Find out what time the last shuttle leaves Atlantis to return you to the ship. The shuttle is included in the excursion if you purchase through the cruise line. If you don't want to return on the last shuttle (or miss it), you can always take a taxi back to the ship. Atlantis is not that far from the ship, just make sure you allow yourself enough time to make it back by all aboard time.

FYI... give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship. The bridge heading back to the ship backs up around 4pm, and can take the better part of an hour to get back to port. It can also take 20 minutes or more to board. All aboard is 30mins before departure. So you would have to be leaving the park by 3:39pm to be back in time for a 5pm departure.

Pools open at 9am/ Slides open at 10am. During the summer pools and slides close at 7pm, in the fall/winter months, they close at 5pm