Havana cabana, no more swings?

kona_wahine

it’s been reported the swings have all been taken down and guest services on the Vista has said they will NOT be coming back, ever. We all know how one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing on Carnival, but if that truly is the case would you book a Havana Cabana at the large rate they demand? several posts to JH have been sent so hopefully we will see what he has to say.

it’s been reported the swings have all been taken down and guest services on the Vista has said they will NOT be coming back, ever. We all know how one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing on Carnival, but if that truly is the case would you book a Havana Cabana at the large rate they demand? several posts to JH have been sent so hopefully we will see what he has to say.

You can take the reports as fact, they were not there on day 2 of our 7/3 sailing. Whether that is permanent is conjecture on whoever’s part who said that other than Carnival. Would we book another Havana Cabana room again? In a heartbeat. Sounds like you think they should be cheaper, how much should they discount for the swing chair?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think the Carnival Lip man can help you out on this one . Perhaps they will replace them but with that comes signing a release form that would release Carnival of any damages. Just incase it breaks and the person bust's their azz :D.

While the swing chair was ONE of the reasons I considered booking a Havana Cabana, it wasn't the main reason. So to answer your question, yes, I would book this kind of cabin with or without a swing chair.

I would have booked a Havana aft if I had know this was going to happen, but it’s too late now. Hopefully they will either figure a good solution for a new swing or comfortable lounge chairs out there. I’ve heard the small chair is torture to sit in.

Any mechanical engineer should have known to construct those beams with a steel ball bearing and steel plated beam . But being in the open air it would still rust and need weekly maintenance.

Even Jimbo could have checked up the ladder and told the higher ups that much :cool: ;p

Havana rooms don't have true balconies so we'll never get one. I had a feeling those hanging chairs would be a problem. Too many stupid people out there not being careful.

You can get a Havana room on the Horizon with a aft balcony

I would have booked a Havana aft if I had know this was going to happen, but it’s too late now. Hopefully they will either figure a good solution for a new swing or comfortable lounge chairs out there. I’ve heard the small chair is torture to sit in.

They maybe able to fix them, to be honest, from my perspective, much ado about close to nothing. Was disappointed that the original concept of hammock did not come to pass. Havana rooms (and the area) are home runs, you will not be sorry.

Any mechanical engineer should have known to construct those beams with a steel ball bearing and steel plated beam . But being in the open air it would still rust and need weekly maintenance.

Even Jimbo could have checked up the ladder and told the higher ups that much :cool: ;p

I will leave the chair”gate” option to you Bo.

While I'm a little bummed that they may not have the swing chairs back, they should, at the least, provide a replacement lounge chair or something in its place (they may be doing this already, I don't know).

Fortunately, our cruise (well unfortunately as I'm sick of work already--haha) is 188 days away, so there's plenty of time for Carnival to do something sensible (replace them with something else, re-engineer the swing, etc.)