Open Passages Question

gonesalsa

We purchased 2 open passages, but they are in Canadian dollars. I usually book with a major online cruise website that advertises on CC. Will I be able to book with this this American agency, if my open passages are in Canadian dollars? Has anybody had this issue?

We purchased 2 open passages, but they are in Canadian dollars. I usually book with a major online cruise website that advertises on CC. Will I be able to book with this this American agency, if my open passages are in Canadian dollars? Has anybody had this issue?

If the company is the one we used (initials CC) they will take the Canadian Passages, but do not give any additional benefits if you use one. We found we were much better off with their $US deal than using Passages. On our most recent cruise we bought US Passages. Maybe one day we will use the Canadian ones, but at present they are not giving us any benefit.

Sheila

If the company is the one we used (initials CC) they will take the Canadian Passages, but do not give any additional benefits if you use one. We found we were much better off with their $US deal than using Passages. On our most recent cruise we bought US Passages. Maybe one day we will use the Canadian ones, but at present they are not giving us any benefit.

Sheila

M

It pays to make a few calls and shop around. We receive very generous OBC from our US TA whether we use CND Passages or do a regular booking ( in CND or USD). We always check which currency it is most advantageous for us to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We purchased a passages on a RCCL ship which was issued in C$'s in error. I discovered the problem when I tried to book with a US internet agency. They were not set up with Celebrity to accept C$'s. The agency did contact Celebrity and the passages was transferred to US$'s with a new booking number and all was good.

We also received an OBC from the agency as well as the OBC per the passages.

We purchased a passages on a RCCL ship which was issued in C$'s in error. I discovered the problem when I tried to book with a US internet agency. They were not set up with Celebrity to accept C$'s. The agency did contact Celebrity and the passages was transferred to US$'s with a new booking number and all was good.

Thanks! That is good to know! I was thinking that the next time I would have to buy one in both currency's!

I spoke to the future cruise consultant on our recent Solstice cruise and she told me that there was no way to transfer an existing C$ Passages certificate to US$. I think sometimes it depends who you talk to.

Sheila

M

It pays to make a few calls and shop around. We receive very generous OBC from our US TA whether we use CND Passages or do a regular booking ( in CND or USD). We always check which currency it is most advantageous for us to use.

Christine

Could you email me with the name of your US TA?

sheilatorres at live dot ca

Thanks

I spoke to the future cruise consultant on our recent Solstice cruise and she told me that there was no way to transfer an existing C$ Passages certificate to US$. I think sometimes it depends who you talk to.

Sheila

I agree. I just called Celebrity and she said that she can cancel the Canadian dollar one and rebook it in USD. She said that not all the employees will do it. I guess it might pay to call the Captain's Club, if you have problems.

I'm not sure why Celebrity put in CAD to start off, because my booking was in USD. Next time, I'll specify the currency and make them redo it, if it's not right.

Archived