Free Radical Catamaran

bagzrpacked

My other post was deleted because I must have came off as if I was recommending the tour. Oops:o

I really only want to know what people have to say about it

Folks can check it out for themselves

We will be in Roatan on Jan. 22th.

We may have to go with a plan B if this doesnt work out.

Any info on this tour would be appreciated.

THANKS

We sailed on the Free Radical in January and loved every minute of it! It was a wonderful, relaxing day. We hope they pick up a couple more people for our sailing in December. I'm also looking into a Plan B if they don't get enough to sail. :(

Pat

• 2 months later...

We sailed on the Free Radical last month for the second time. It was by far the best day of our cruise. This excursion ranks at the top of our excursion scale and we've done many over the years. There was only the four of us and the crew who make you feel totally welcome. We had our own captain, cook, crew, bartender and snorkle guide. It was an absolutely perfect day from the minute they picked us up at the port to our return with plenty of time to spare.

We look forward to returning to Roatan for our third sailing on the Radical some day. :D If you're considering a catamaran, this is the way to go.

Pat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband and I did this tour in Jan. 2013.

It was great! We were picked up at the port and taken to the boat, which was about 40 minutes away. It was pouring rain and our driver did a good job staying focused on the road. In normal circumstances, it would have been nice to learn a little bit

about the area but not when visibility is at 20%!:eek:

I wondered how we were going to do this catamaran ride in the rain but we pulled it off. Captain Ed stood there in his raincoat & got the tour underway.

He said the weather was going to break and sure enough, it did.

Plenty of beer, pop, pina colodas, and other concoctions.

Shayna brought out Pineapple muffins, peanut butter cookies, and pizza bites.

We stopped to snorkel and we soon realized that this was a chilly day for the locals. Mason and Alex(the crew) went back in forth on who was going to get in the ice water first!! It was funny to watch them. We all got in the water and they showed us some urchins and other sea life. The water was pretty cloudy, due to all the rain. But they made sure we had a good time.

We could smell the BBQ grill and followed our nose back to the catamaran, rinsed off and got ready for the feast.

Rice, Shrimp Kabobs, Chicken Kabobs, Meatballs with pineapple, Caesar Salad, and a variety of hot sauces. Loved the curry flavored sauce.

Julie and Ed were great and we were able to sit and talk with them about their adventures and how it all began. Nice folks!

In total there were 8 of us (all from Norwegian dawn) on the Catamaran.

We will do this again if/when we return to Roatan.

You can believe all positive reviews on trip advisor.

Hope to see them all again someday!

You are welcome. There wasn't much on cruise critic when we were considering this tour.

My husband just said, I hope we can find something like Radical Catamaran when we go to Grand Cayman. (fingers crossed but not likely)

Enjoy

• 2 months later...

Can't say enough good about Free Radical. We have sailed with them twice now and Y'all are in for a treat! Highly recommend it. Lots of TLC. beautiful boat, great hospitality and wonderful snorkeling. Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived