Elite laundry ??

39august

Am I correct that each Elite member gets one bag of free laundry each cruise ( 7 nights or longer) with up to 30 pieces? Does this include any type if clothing? Can this be done any day of the cruise? Will the bags be in the cabin or do we ask the steward for them? I believe we each get one free pressing as well.

Yes, the laundry bag should be in your cabin, if not ask your cabin attendant. Others have said that the free laundry must be turned with at least 3 days left in your cruise. There is a laundry slip with the bag and somewhere on that you need to make a note saying LOYALTY so remind them you have some status. Yes, you do get two items pressed and one dry cleaned. If you are in a cabin with another Elite then you can double the cleaning, pressing and laundry benefit because they are per person, not per cabin.

The welcome letter from the Captain's Club hostess will provide instructions and also inform you that the laundry perk is not valid the last three days of the cruise. This letter will be in your stateroom on embarkation day and also will provide information on such perks as the coffee house style breakfast and evening cocktail event.

The welcome letter in your stateroom from the Captain's Club host will advise you of the number of items that can be laundered for free; this Elite benefit is not a "bag" of laundry but either 20 or 30 items, depending upon the itinerary. (As I recall, Alaska cruises, and maybe others, are limited to 20 free items). The allotted items do not have to fit into only one bag. This benefit is available to each Elite member in the cabin.

Be sure to read the welcome letter, both sides. It is easy to miss with all the other marketing materials they place in your cabin. The letter provides a handy summary of all the Elite benefits and activities.

Can anyone please tell me what the turn around time is on the laundry for Elite?

Thank you!

In my experience, it has been roughly up to 24 hours from when cabin steward takes it, but sometimes less than that.

Don't make the newbie mistake we made the first time and just shove 20 (or 30) items into the bags...and then realize you have to list every one (there will be a packing list, you check off, say, 3 shirts, 2 shorts, etc.). Out everything had to come, get listed, put back in.

Or maybe we're the only dummies?

Can anyone please tell me what the turn around time is on the laundry for Elite?

Thank you!

It will say three days before the. end of the cruise but our attendant has told us if we get it in early with two days left, it will be returned late the following day. We don't usually wait that long though...

We have had about 24 hour turnaround for quite some time time but our last 3 cruises it has been 48 hrs or more. Guess the ever increasing nu bed of Elites is slowing down turnaround times.

Don't make the newbie mistake we made the first time and just shove 20 (or 30) items into the bags...and then realize you have to list every one (there will be a packing list, you check off, say, 3 shirts, 2 shorts, etc.). Out everything had to come, get listed, put back in.

Or maybe we're the only dummies?

Maybe it’s ship dependent because we never had to list them

Laundry is a very nice benefit. The unfortunate part is that it is not accepted on the last 3 days of the cruise. That means that you must bring at least 4 changes of clothing. It also means that you will have to do laundry when you get home. We have cruised on other lines that offer unlimited laundry with same day service. Clothes are accepted up until the last full day of the cruise. It is a pleasure packing less clothing. I also enjoy packing clean pressed clothing at the end of the cruise. When I get home, I don't have lots of laundry.

Laundry is a very nice benefit. The unfortunate part is that it is not accepted on the last 3 days of the cruise. That means that you must bring at least 4 changes of clothing. It also means that you will have to do laundry when you get home. We have cruised on other lines that offer unlimited laundry with same day service. Clothes are accepted up until the last full day of the cruise. It is a pleasure packing less clothing. I also enjoy packing clean pressed clothing at the end of the cruise. When I get home, I don't have lots of laundry.

Well, heck, you managed to swing the cruise, so maybe budget in a little extra and treat yourself to an end of trip bag of laundry...and perhaps live large and pay for pressing too! :-)

On our last several cruises, the laundry benefit has been 1 bag, not 20-30 items as it had been prior. :(

You sure have had some bad luck. We have never been limited to just one bag.

Did Celebrity actually charge you extra when you put your 30 items in two different bags? I always make sure to use on ticket, so maybe that is the difference?

Our last cruise was in January 2018.

In my experience, it has been roughly up to 24 hours from when cabin steward takes it, but sometimes less than that.

Now, I am the one with the bad luck. I do not thing I have ever gotten my items returned within 24 hours of when they were picked up.

You sure have had some bad luck. We have never been limited to just one bag.

Did Celebrity actually charge you extra when you put your 30 items in two different bags? I always make sure to use on ticket, so maybe that is the difference?

Our last cruise was in January 2018.

Not bad luck just a change in benefits! The website says 1 bag for Elite. Not 20-30 items as it did previously.

We were never charged additional, we would put eveything on 1 ticket and specify 2 bags.

On our last few cruises I always asked the cabin steward on how many items. All of them stated as much as you could fit in the bag. We been over 30 items and never charged extra.

We’ve always itemized ours. Just so we could remember what we sent:)

I would want to know what I sent so I could verify what I should expect to receive back.

I’ve had an item returned to me that wasn’t mine and gave it back to the room attendant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been on every Celebrity presently in the fleet except two, and have been on Celebrity ships no longer in the fleet. Every time we send out laundry we fill out the three part form which has you tell them how many items of each category are in the bag. You don't describe the item, but just indicate how many pairs of pants, long sleeved shirts and so forth are in the bag. I am posting from the Summit, and have one of the forms in front of me. Under the laundry section the first category is "Suit", with a box next to it for the number of items. This is the same form you use to provide your name, cabin number and so forth.

We were on the Infinity in May and had our laundry returned within 24 hours. We boarded the Summit last month for a B2B and are also having a very fast turnaround in laundry service.

The only time that I ran into a problem with laundry was on the Infinity. I usually send out 2 bags that contain up to the limit of 30 items. Some items like jeans take up lots of space in the bag. I fill our 1 list of items and state bag 1 of 2 and bag 2 of 2. Cabin steward on Infinity insisted that we put all items in one bag. I was so mad that I punched the clothes so that I got everything in one bag. Paper bag tears easily. Bring tape. To add insult to injury, the clothes came back stained with laundry markings. There is nothing like seeing your cabin number on a white shirt. It was awful. On all other Celebrity ships, laundry is good.

We make sure to only put things that we are not overly concerned about in the laundry. I realized the first time I sent it out that its like camp laundry and things come back faded and whites aren't too white anymore. We put our pjs, underwear, socks, gym clothes and other casual items in the bags and it's perfect for that. Anything really good should be drycleaned.

Back in the day yes they used to write the cabin number directly on the clothes - now they put it on a little sticky tape on a seam somewhere - some are hard to get off, some I'm still finding that I missed from the last cruise.

But no matter what its shortcomings, I still think it is a really nice perk.