Stateroom decorations?

gigem_aggies

We sail in 11 days and are celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday, my daughter's birthday, and my grandparents' 61st wedding anniversary while on board.

We are having a hard time figuring out what we can do to celebrate/make it special. Are the decorations worth the cost?

Meh. They are pretty lame in my opinion looking at the photos on the Carnival site. If you're willing to carry them on, you could probably do a lot better for the same cost. But then it wouldn't be a surprise. It would be you decorating the cabin. So if that's not something you want to do, the Carnival ones will look more attractive to you.

I hope you have a lovely cruise with your family!

Does Carnival know of the celebrations? They bring a cake and sing in the MDR on the date specified to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. You could have a champagne and sparkling cider toast for the anniversary. You could take special birthday photos or schedule a special photo shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The decorations are a few streamers, paper letters or ornaments, and maybe a cake or small gift item for $40+ a room. Similar items like the streamers, etc. can be purchased at a dollar store, teacher store, or party supply store for a bit less, so you are really paying for the labor to have it put up. Personally, I do not believe they are worth the cost, but that is just me. I believe that ordering a few celebratory sweets to be delivered is a much better value, or, if you can swing the cost, doing a specialty restaurant dinner (Steakhouse or Cucina if your ship has it) for the occasion might be more memorable, but once again, that is my thought :)

Either way, have a great cruise!

Does Carnival know of the celebrations? They bring a cake and sing in the MDR on the date specified to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. You could have a champagne and sparkling cider toast for the anniversary. You could take special birthday photos or schedule a special photo shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do the celebrants prefer gifts or memories? I like the photo shoot idea:)

A&J - where did you find sparkling cider (assuming non-alcoholic) on Carnival? I'm aware they carry Angry Orchard, but not n/a cider.

Do the celebrants prefer gifts or memories? I like the photo shoot idea:)

A&J - where did you find sparkling cider (assuming non-alcoholic) on Carnival? I'm aware they carry Angry Orchard, but not n/a cider.

You can bring it on as one of your bottles of wine....

We sail in 11 days and are celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday, my daughter's birthday, and my grandparents' 61st wedding anniversary while on board.

We are having a hard time figuring out what we can do to celebrate/make it special. Are the decorations worth the cost?

I ordered a customized magnet for the cabin door from Etsy. You can put family name, cruise ship, ports and special occasions on it. It was great!

Try googling Cruise Ship Decorations or variations and you will get a lot of results. Some of them are about decorating cabins, but most are about door decorations. Still, you might find some good ideas. Have a great time celebrating.

I got the anniversary decorations from Carnival for my parents 50th anniversary cruise. For me it was worth it to see their surprise as the cabin was decorated when we opened the door for the first time! We took the decorations home and used them at a big party for their anniversary later and people like them, as they were different from what was available from local dollar and party stores.

a5f2894e-acf5-416e-b3ae-ebd93de05b52

619f3804-689f-41aa-b5d4-fc17beb4d794

84f52991-60b8-4b04-b064-40992a712189

Edited by fundy76
Pictures did not attach