MSC Seaview Balcony Room

travellingonMSC

Hello all,

We've booked to go on MSC seaview in June next year with our 2 young children and we opted to for a room with a Double sofa bed, we just wanted to know if anyone else has stayed in a room with a Double sofa bed as we are slightly concerned there will not be enough room to get by to toliet if needed?

Thank you in advance!

We had the double sofa bed on the Seaview. When it's open, it's literally 2 inches away from the desk. It's impossible to walk from the bed to the toilet. The only way is to crawl over the sofa bed. I got pretty good at it! LOL. So yeah, if you can switch to the bunk bed, that would be better.

Hi travellingonMSC, We too are book on Seaview next June with 2 13 year olds and I'm a bit worried about the space too. The price jump for an extra cabin was huge and when booking, the lady on the phone said there were no bunk bed cabins available (but maybe that was just for the price quoted.) I suspect we'll be squashed to bits lol!! (I assume the sofabed gets folded away every morning, yeah?)

Karen

We had the double sofa bed on the Seaview. When it's open, it's literally 2 inches away from the desk. It's impossible to walk from the bed to the toilet. The only way is to crawl over the sofa bed. I got pretty good at it! LOL. So yeah, if you can switch to the bunk bed, that would be better.

Is this because the main bed was closer to the balcony in your room? I feel like I've only seen pics where the sofa bed is closer to the balcony. Do you have any room pics? :)

Is this because the main bed was closer to the balcony in your room? I feel like I've only seen pics where the sofa bed is closer to the balcony. Do you have any room pics? :)

Yes, our main bed was by the balcony and the sofa bed was by the toilet. We were in a Super Family Plus (3 connecting balconies). The room my friend and her family were in had the main bed by the toilet and the bunk bed by the balcony.

(I assume the sofabed gets folded away every morning, yeah?)

Karen

We actually did the sofa bed opening and closing ourselves after our cabin steward showed us how. It's pretty easy. It's just too hard to get around with it open, so much easier to open it when we're ready, and close it as soon as everyone is up. We didn't feel too crowded when the sofa bed was closed.

There isn't much storage space (and we travel fairly light). The only drawer is in the desk. I wish I'd brought hanging organizers.

Thanks so much for your advice.

We actually did the sofa bed opening and closing ourselves after our cabin steward showed us how. It's pretty easy. It's just too hard to get around with it open, so much easier to open it when we're ready, and close it as soon as everyone is up. We didn't feel too crowded when the sofa bed was closed.

There isn't much storage space (and we travel fairly light). The only drawer is in the desk. I wish I'd brought hanging organizers.