Is it possible to find Alaska cruise ship that will have great entertainment-shows?

tulsanurse1

I am wanting to take my sister (55) to Alaska for her first cruise. It will also be my first cruise. I've been researching, trying to find a nice ship with maybe a broadway play and some other interesting shows. Hoping to have 8-11 days. Is this possible to find?

If its not possible, I want to wait to go to Alaska. Im finding that there are smaller ships that are able to get closer to the glaciers and such and the reviews left are quite positive. Maybe take her on a big bright bright ship with everything in 2019 and then do the Alaska cruise in 2020.

I am wanting to take my sister (55) to Alaska for her first cruise. It will also be my first cruise. I've been researching, trying to find a nice ship with maybe a broadway play and some other interesting shows. Hoping to have 8-11 days. Is this possible to find?

If its not possible, I want to wait to go to Alaska. Im finding that there are smaller ships that are able to get closer to the glaciers and such and the reviews left are quite positive. Maybe take her on a big bright bright ship with everything in 2019 and then do the Alaska cruise in 2020.

In all honesty, if you want a Broadway show, go to Broadway or, at least, to a major road show city for the "B" team.

Royal Caribbean's Ovation of the Seas will be doing 7-night Alaska itineraries next summer.

Royal Caribbean or Disney will have the better evening musical shows in the theatre. But you aren't going to find any Broadway plays. As for the ships being nice ???????????? You'll have to be more specific as to your expectations. They're all "nice". There are a few 9-11 day sailings on these lines, but most tend to be 7.

Having been on a few different Carnival ones, a MSC one, and RCI last summer, I'd say the Alaska Carnival one had the lowest quality of shows. We felt like the entertainment staff there was almost like the newbies. Just not as polished in their acts, and just simple entertainment. Like someone else said, Alaska is about the scenery, not the shows. There's so much to see until 11 p.m., with it still being pretty light out, that people don't always want to sit inside for a show.

RCCL & Princess probably have the best quality of shows in the theatre, but they definitely aren't Broadway quality. As others have mentioned, in Alaska you will probably want to focus on the scenery.

If you can afford it you want to avoid the big flashy ships for AK, and sail the luxury lines. They tend to be in ports with fewer ships, and get closer to the glaciers. Of course, they don't have the entertainment, but none of it is really that good on any cruise ship. AK is all about the scenery and you will spend most of your time outside anyway.

The production shows will run for prolonged periods due to props-backdrops and such. Other entertainment come on board for any time frame the cruise line has contracted for.