Ocean Medallion

RestonCruiser

FWIW, When we were on the Regal in January I loved the new internet even without the ***** in our room. We had a new WIFI modem in the room not down the hall, great connection. I could use my cruise card on a sensor by the public monitors around the ship to create an aviator for myself. Then when passing another monitor and touching my cruise card to the sensor my aviator would come swimming into view. I know big deal but most of the system IMHO is working, it just need a few gallons of polish. In the short term I see the issue of unlocking your door as the main obstacle to getting people happy. The rest of the things that they want it to do can be added and refined later.

framer

Our first experience with ***** is positive. Arrived at the port 7 minutes ago from our hotel to board for the Regal TA. Greeted by name as we walked to the line and were whisked away to another area, processed through and were sitting down in the Elite lounge 7 minutes later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can’t wait to hear more!

Our first experience with ***** is positive. Arrived at the port 7 minutes ago from our hotel to board for the Regal TA. Greeted by name as we walked to the line and were whisked away to another area, processed through and were sitting down in the Elite lounge 7 minutes later.

Last time we sailed from Southampton, it took us a similar time to check in with the 'old' system. So no real advantage/benefit there.

Didn’t say it was an advantage. I had stated I would report in detail how the ***** worked for us.

Sorry, thought you were pointing out how easy and fast it was checking in, compared to the normal method...

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

...Then when passing another monitor and touching my cruise card to the sensor my aviator would come swimming into view...

The sales pitch had that type of monitor in your cabin. Everyone would set up aviator and give permissions to your group. As you moved around the ship, the ***** would be picked up by multiple sensors. Your party was to has access to this info by way of ANY monitor on board and show your location. it was unclear if location was just a deck and area or triangulated to actual point on any deck.base ap

From info on this board the issue MAY NOT be the ***** itself, but the MULTIPLE aps that have to interact with the ***** system AND the other aps. There is a post from a pax that the primary ap had issues.

The ***** worked fine to open our door ... the first time. I will continue to update how it continues to work throughout the cruise. Easy to sign onto Medallion.Net which is available to all cruisers not just *****. It’s very fast.....at least right now.

Thanks for the updates. Did you still have to show your cruise card and get photographed by security to get onboard or do they now read the Medallion at the security point?

Did you still have to show your cruise card and get photographed by security to get onboard

Again from info still online. While doing personalizer, you actually take photo of your passport (no info about other types of I.D.). Their claim was you arrive at cruise center wearing *****. and go directly to security and board ship. There was no mention if I.D. photo is to be used or the cruise card photo system does another photo. Since there are people who will refuse to use ***** I think the old machines will still be used to take everyone's photo at embarkation.

Again from info still online. While doing personalizer, you actually take photo of your passport (no info about other types of I.D.). Their claim was you arrive at cruise center wearing *****. and go directly to security and board ship. There was no mention if I.D. photo is to be used or the cruise card photo system does another photo. Since there are people who will refuse to use ***** I think the old machines will still be used to take everyone's photo at embarkation.

When we collected our medallion at the terminal we had our photo taken once for the medallion system and then again for the cruise card system.Hardly seems efficient or seamless!

When we collected our medallion at the terminal we had our photo taken once for the medallion system and then again for the cruise card system.Hardly seems efficient or seamless!

We had our pictures taken at terminal then again when we got on the ship then after we weren't recognized in the system after 2 more pictures, they took our blue ***** cards and gave us platinum cards because they couldn't get them to work.

I mentioned earlier that my biggest problem with program was that anytime I got near a public ***** terminal (like waiting in line for dining room), my personal information (picture, name, cabin number) was available for anyone to see.

I mentioned earlier that my biggest problem with program was that anytime I got near a public ***** terminal (like waiting in line for dining room), my personal information (picture, name, cabin number) was available for anyone to see.

That’s horrible. Let’s hope that’s an unplanned issue and not a permanent feature.

That’s horrible. Let’s hope that’s an unplanned issue and not a permanent feature.

It's planned, but...

"If you do not want to take advantage of the full Ocean Medallion experience,

you can switch your privacy setting to 'Safety Only' and enjoy the cruise the

same great way you do today."

It's planned, but...

"If you do not want to take advantage of the full Ocean Medallion experience,

you can switch your privacy setting to 'Safety Only' and enjoy the cruise the

same great way you do today."

It all sounds good... but please don't tell me I need an ipad or smart phone to access this... and you can do it from the Smart TV in your cabin......

As a cruise to us is time to switch OFF and relax..

Cheers Don

It all sounds good... but please don't tell me I need an ipad or smart phone to access this... and you can do it from the Smart TV in your cabin......

As a cruise to us is time to switch OFF and relax..

Cheers Don

I suspect it's available on smartphone/iPad, but I'd bet the rent money you can

get the Purser's desk to do it.

The Princess information stated pax downloaded a primary ap that is to be used to "upload" pax info into the ***** system. Other aps are needed for other functions. From posts read this week, paxs having issues launching and using the primary ap. There is a question if additional aps even exist at this time.

I still so not see just getting onto the ship without presenting your passport for verification at some point in the check-in/boarding process. Having passport info in the ***** pre-cruise database is not the same as proof you have it with you for the cruise.

Thanks for the updates. Did you still have to show your cruise card and get photographed by security to get onboard or do they now read the Medallion at the security point?

We still had to be photographed for the security photo when going on the ship .

***** did not work at signing in for muster station. We had to use the accompanying cruise card. ***** does not work at the bars for us. Hubby just made a purchase in one of the shops. ***** “worked” for that but not really. We are Elite and using the ***** it did not give the 10% discount. Purchase had to be redone using his cruise card. ***** is still opening our door all of the time. Lots of money just to have your door unlock... in my opinion.

I still so not see just getting onto the ship without presenting your passport for verification at some point in the check-in/boarding process. Having passport info in the ***** pre-cruise database is not the same as proof you have it with you for the cruise.

I’ve been skeptical about that claim because airlines & cruise lines have our passport information but still require a physical scan at check-in. A mere passenger created photo of a passport does not ensure the authenticity of a passport nor that the passenger has it when required by a country’s immigration department. Some countries hold our passports which won’t work if Princess allows a passenger to board without physically checking that passengers have their passport with them.

I suspect this is one of the promoted functions that will never be implemented & that a physical check of passports will still be necessary. With numerous reports of requiring photos multiple times during the boarding process over 5 months after initial implementation the ***** system still cannot even accomplish this simple task.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hubby just made a purchase in one of the shops. ***** “worked” for that but not really. We are Elite and using the ***** it did not give the 10% discount. Purchase had to be redone using his cruise card.

Golly - that was happening months ago as well and they still haven't resolved it!!