Vacating stateroom by 8:00 am on disembarkation day

Jagggg

The one thing that has been consistent across all ports has been that we received an instruction sheet the day before the changeover. This detailed exactly what would be necessary. Just follow the instructions. They are usually pretty minimal!

Your room will be cleaned as on any other day. We have sometimes suggested to our steward that he should skip our room on that day since he is so busy; somehow they always do our room regardless.

Thank you and all others for your responses. Happy that we can enjoy our MDR breakfast in the early a.m. and then follow the instructions provided by Princess.

We always talk to our steward and arrange to eave our carry on luggage in the room until after we eat breakfast. We vacate by 8:00 but go back just long enough to pick up our bags and leave him a tip. So far all have been cooperative with that as it lets them clean the room in a timely manner and we do not have to carry our bags all over the ship. We leave it up to the steward for permission.

We always talk to our steward and arrange to eave our carry on luggage in the room until after we eat breakfast. We vacate by 8:00 but go back just long enough to pick up our bags and leave him a tip. So far all have been cooperative with that as it lets them clean the room in a timely manner and we do not have to carry our bags all over the ship. We leave it up to the steward for permission.

The problem with this is that it places the steward in a difficult position. He wants to be cooperative, but he has rules from his employer. One of these rules is that he is not to prop open a door to any room that has a passenger's personal belongings in it. The standard method to clean rooms on the changeover day is to prop open all the doors and so the same task in all the rooms. For instance, he'll come thru and strip all the beds, then clean bathrooms, vacuum rooms, and ultimately make beds and place appropriate items in the rooms.

The problem is that he can't prop your door open until your bags are removed. It might seem silly, but it takes time to use that key each time, especially if his hands are full.

The problem with this is that it places the steward in a difficult position. He wants to be cooperative' date=' but he has rules from his employer. One of these rules is that he is not to prop open a door to any room that has a passenger's personal belongings in it. The standard method to clean rooms on the changeover day is to prop open all the doors and so the same task in all the rooms. For instance, he'll come thru and strip all the beds, then clean bathrooms, vacuum rooms, and ultimately make beds and place appropriate items in the rooms.

The problem is that he can't prop your door open until your bags are removed. It might seem silly, but it takes time to use that key each time, especially if his hands are full.[/quote']

As I staed I leave it up to the steward if it is acceptable. If he/she OK's it I see no problem. He/she knows what and how to do the job.

As I staed I leave it up to the steward if it is acceptable. If he/she OK's it I see no problem. He/she knows what and how to do the job.

I think it is one of those situations where it is difficult for the room steward to say "no" to a passenger.

When did a steward ever say no, especially as they feel that saying "no" might impact their tip or maybe you would even give them a bad rating. My philosophy is to make their job as easy to do as I can. They work hard enough w/o us making it more difficult.

Seems to me as if you are just being selfish.

DON

I've never thought the time to be an issue. It was 8 a.m. on my recent Emerald Princess cruise. In terms of the crew, what they have to do on turn around day, 9 a.m. isn't fair to them. Princess isn't RCI, you can get in your cabin as soon as you board.

Great point! I love just walking aboard and going straight to my stateroom to drop off my bags. On other cruise lines, there were many times when our cabin wasn't available until after noon or 1p. Nothing worse than trying to lug your carryons to the already crazy, busy buffet or trying to find a place to put them down in the dining room. I'm happy to be out by 8a, so the next person can just walk on and go straight to their cabin!

That sounds about right. We (usually, depends on flight times) like to leave the cabin at the last possible moment, eat a nice relaxing breakfast and get off the ship at the last possible moment, relaxing in a lounge until then.

Makes it much less hectic. I realize this only works if your flight is later.

T

The problem is that he can't prop your door open until your bags are removed.

Perhaps you mean he shouldn't.

He certainly "can", as I've had it happen to me.

This was when the survey was collected on the last afternoon.

Not really any chance to ding the guy at that time.

We got up early to watch us pull into Los Angeles, fog and all, so the 8am was not an issue. We got ready, went down to breakfast, and was the last group off, which they ran about 30 min early!! Next time we know to pick a bigger area to sit in. We were supposed to be in the Wheelhouse, but all the other places had seating available. So, we just hung out and headed over when we were getting close to our group. Worked out well. Planning the same, as I want to be up when pulling back into San Francisco!

It’s always been 8 am. That said, walkoff started at6:30 this past Monday

We disembarked at 7:40 and were happily checked into our hotel room by 8:30 and lounging by a pool at 10:00 am. The sooner we can disembark, the better [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never thought the time to be an issue. It was 8 a.m. on my recent Emerald Princess cruise. In terms of the crew, what they have to do on turn around day, 9 a.m. isn't fair to them. Princess isn't RCI, you can get in your cabin as soon as you board.

Nope, you cannot necessarily get into your cabin

As soon as you board. 1:00 o’clock for us last week on the Royal and also the last three times on the Regal.

For some who have commented that

An 8:00 am cabin vacate time correlates with early entry to cabins on embarkation is innacurate. Yes, we have been able to go to our cabin on some Princess ships by 11:30, but not

On the Regal or theRoyal out of Ft Laud

Edited by 4cats4me

As soon as you board. 1:00 o’clock for us last week on the Royal and also the last three times on the Regal.

We were told that cabins were not ready when we boarded on April 1 about 11:30. We went to our cabin anyhow, hoping that we could at least drop the carry on luggage. Actually the room was done. So the statement that rooms are not ready can mean "All the rooms are not ready" and yours could be a pleasant surprise.

We always leave our cabin my 8:00am and go to the dining room for breakfast. The only time we did not was when we were upgraded to the Owners Suite on the Sapphire Princess. The day before the cabin steward told us we could remain in our cabin until 10:00am if we wanted to. I don't know if this is suite policy of just a nice gesture by our cabin steward. We were able to order breakfast in our cabin at a table that sat 6 people! We had all our bags packed and told the cabin steward he could start cleaning the room he made the bed while we finished breakfast and we left at about 9:30am.

For some who have commented that

An 8:00 am cabin vacate time correlates with early entry to cabins on embarkation is innacurate. Yes, we have been able to go to our cabin on some Princess ships by 11:30, but not

On the Regal or theRoyal out of Ft Laud

Yea I noticed that same thing. It must be a new schedule with Princess.

Possibly a reduction on the number of crew assigned to help clean up the cabins on turnaround day. :confused:

• 3 months later...

Yes always 8am.

We wake up early-6:00 am. We take all our bags (we self carry) down empty elevators to the international cafe and snag a comfy seat and breakfast. When the disembark room (a dining room) opened at 7, we got a comfy window seat and walked off the ship by 7:30 and had Lyft waiting for us.

We weren’t too sad about leaving last time though because we were renting a car to drive to key west. I may be more reluctant to leave this time if it’s straight back home. *whines*

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea I noticed that same thing. It must be a new schedule with Princess.

Possibly a reduction on the number of crew assigned to help clean up the cabins on turnaround day. :confused:

This was also our experience on the CB in June - out of the cabin by 8:00. When we boarded (1130-ish), there were signs on the closed doors leading to the cabins stating that they would not be available until 1:00. This was the first time we'd experienced having to wait - and that's after quite a few Princess cruises.

That is one of the things I like about HAL. The cabins are ready when you board and you can remain in your cabin until your disembark time is called.

Another nice HAL touch is that you can get room service breakfast on that last morning :)

Hank