Formal dress on Oceania Nautica July 18

Racquelle

I will disagree

they never ask for a jacket at dinner

That is true, but I was still surprised at how many did on Riviera this past Jan. Mostly in the specialty rest. & most especially Jacques. Pretty much what they would call "Country Club Casual". We wore ours with open collared shirts.

Several possibilities here. We just didn't notice. Or they changed the policy. Or as you suggest, it may have been the CD's decision. Actually, I think it's a good idea to post that sign. This way no one can say, "I didn't know."

We did have a change in CD's mid-cruise for what that is worth ... maybe not much.

Mura

We've only done that cruise so far. We have another 14 day cruise set for next Jan. I know the code(if you want to call it such)say no casual jeans, I only saw that one 20 year old kid. They were kind of the skinny jeans that I used to be able to get into, but can't anymore! I actually have these nice khakis that have stretch material. It made all that great food that much more bearable LOL! The sign was on a small pole & the sign was about 8X10. If pax say it's alright, then just not sure the reasoning. I know some have complained the country club casual was really getting taken out of context. We thought most everyone looked pretty smartly dressed.

That is true, but I was still surprised at how many did on Riviera this past Jan. Mostly in the specialty rest. & most especially Jacques. Pretty much what they would call "Country Club Casual". We wore ours with open collared shirts.

Yes you will see them more in the specialties BUT Oceania never requires them as stated by I R A

Yes you will see them more in the specialties BUT Oceania never requires them as stated by I R A

I NEVER said they were required! Please find my post where I did! I'm just saying what I observed.

I NEVER said they were required! Please find my post where I did! I'm just saying what I observed.

Read what LHT28 posted more carefully. She didn't say that you said jackets were required. She said that poster "I_r_a" said jackets were required.

The post I was referring to originally was NOT by you

See post #25

You are very confrontational please read the post before you attack others

The post I was referring to originally was NOT by you

See post #25

You are very confrontational please read the post before you attack others

Sorry to come off that way. It's just that I've gotten a lot of misstated facts & I do find it annoying. Again, sorry. You could also please show a little courtesy yourself. Attack is a pretty strong word!