Edinburgh Restaurants??

Sorry I thought you said you were looking for something not too expensive.

I think the difference between NY which I've visited and Edinburgh is the greater concentration of tourists in a very small space (the Royal Mile) and in streets totally unsuitable to cope with them. Tourists gravitate to that area but there is much more to Edinburgh

I apologize. Yes, I did say not too expensive because my first look at places found some that seemed overpriced, even for touristy areas. We are docking in Greencock and then coming for the Tattoo at the end of an all day tour so we are not planning a lot of extra sightseeing in the town. However, later in the itinerary we are docking in Edinburgh and plan to do our sightseeing of the entire area then so we appreciate all of the recommendations.

if

We got them months ago. I just sent an email to see if add on is possible. I'll let you know

The Whitchery responded, they have ’no further availability’ for that night. Sorry.

You are in a busy tourist city so will have to pay city prices I'm afraid.

Tourists seem to like The Wychery very close to the Castle and they do a set menu pre-Tattoo, but if you're looking for this year you may be too late. Cannonball Restaurant is right up by the Castle, and Angel in Bagpipes is nearby too.

If they are too expensive, try the Whiski Rooms (Bank Street), Le Petit Paris (Grassmarket) or Howie's in Victoria Street. They are all a very short walking distance of the Castle but I would urge you to book ASAP as Edinburgh is incredibly busy during August.

If you had a choice between these restaurants for dinner before the Tattoo...which would you recommend?

Angels with Bagpipes, Wedgewood, the restaurant or The Grainstore?

Thanks so much for your help!!

If you had a choice between these restaurants for dinner before the Tattoo...which would you recommend?

Angels with Bagpipes, Wedgewood, the restaurant or The Grainstore?

Thanks so much for your help!!

This is only my opinion and others might not agree. I have a friend who loves Wedgwood but I don't like it because they don't have a bar where I can have a drink before my meal. The food isn't so Scottish as an experience. You are shown directly to your table. Also it is small and there are only a handful of tables on the ground floor and more tables in the basement. I wouldn't want one of those tables.

Angels With Bagpipes is nearest to the Tattoo and has a Scottish menu. It is popular and very highly regarded by us locals. The Grainstore I know also has a Scottish menu and though not quite so close to the Castle, only a short walk. away I don't know so much about it but I'd gladly choose Angels if you can still get booked

tartanexile81 ...

Is Deacon Brodie's Tavern still open?

Yes it is and as popular as ever. I love it but I'm always loathe to recommend it because it's so busy in the Summer. But it's great place, in a perfect location and I love the story behind the name.

You people must think all I do is eat and drink!!!! Oh yes and go on cruises :')

Yes it is and as popular as ever. I love it but I'm always loathe to recommend it because it's so busy in the Summer. But it's great place, in a perfect location and I love the story behind the name.

You people must think all I do is eat and drink!!!! Oh yes and go on cruises :')

Thank you!

This is only my opinion and others might not agree. I have a friend who loves Wedgwood but I don't like it because they don't have a bar where I can have a drink before my meal. The food isn't so Scottish as an experience. You are shown directly to your table. Also it is small and there are only a handful of tables on the ground floor and more tables in the basement. I wouldn't want one of those tables.

Angels With Bagpipes is nearest to the Tattoo and has a Scottish menu. It is popular and very highly regarded by us locals. The Grainstore I know also has a Scottish menu and though not quite so close to the Castle, only a short walk. away I don't know so much about it but I'd gladly choose Angels if you can still get booked[/quo

Thank you!!!!!