UBER in Dublin?

Is UBER available in Dublin? Someone on a previous cruise reported that you needed to prebook a taxi from the port to town...any ideas on how to do that?

We just (June 7th) returned from a Dublin cruise and the taxi situation has improved greatly....you should have no problem as you walk off the ship to get a taxi now. If you're just going from the port into town your ship more than likely will also offer a shuttle ($).

We just (June 7th) returned from a Dublin cruise and the taxi situation has improved greatly....you should have no problem as you walk off the ship to get a taxi now. If you're just going from the port into town your ship more than likely will also offer a shuttle ($).

How much does the taxi to town cost?

I am not 100 percent on this but I believe that the Uber app will work ok using Uber Black. But, it will be a taxi that comes to you, as all taxis etc must be licensed in Ireland

So, it will be just as easy to take a taxi (which are metered).

We were on a June 18th cruise including Dublin on Royal Princess and we thought the taxi situation was awful. Taxis were not as frequent as needed and had long lines with no dispatcher on site to call more. We recommend that if you have a tight schedule for the day, pre book.

We were in Dublin for 2 days on the Royal Princess last week. We used taxi to/from the ship. One taxi had Uber tag in windshield so I asked about it. He says he does Uber as only licensed taxi drivers can do so. That said you can choose the Uber taxi option in the app however there will be a taxi queue at the ship and you’ll be able find another couple to share with. One time the guy working the queue was pairing people up to save time. On return just look for taxi stands in the city.

My Celebrity cruise docks on a Thursday morning next year. We overnight on the ship and I was thinking of taking a 7:30 am flight FRIDAY morning. Would there be an issue getting an uber or a taxi as early as 4:45 am?

Thank you in advance for any imput.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jaimevoyager